Offered from The Iseli Collection
CHF63,250 | Sold
| St. Moritz, Switzerland
- Offered from The Iseli Collection
- Finished in Rosso Alfa over Black Skai
- Completed on 19 October 1968; first delivered to Udine, Italy
- Restored between 2021 and 2022 at a cost of almost €90,000
First appearing in 1967, the Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV replaced the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce, bringing with it countless upgrades and improvements. Perhaps most significantly engine capacity was increased to 1,779 cc, which contributed to a peak power output of 120 horsepower at 5,550 rpm. The gearbox benefitted from a higher-ratio final drive, while styling improvements did away with the distinctive “step-nose” front end of the Giulia Sprint GT, GTC, GTA, and early GT 1300 Juniors, while also incorporating four headlamps.
Chassis 1361026 was completed on 19 October 1968, finished in the popular colour pairing of Rosso Alfa over a Black Skai interior. The car was sold on 17 December 1968, and was registered by its first owner—Ugolino Calliagaro, who was based in Udine, Italy—on 2 January of the following year. An accompanying Libretto suggests that the car stayed in his possession until 24 September 1999, when it was sold to Gianfranco Sonego. On 17 July 2014 the car was bought from Fabrizio Livon by Michela Scapin, and by November of that year had joined The Iseli Collection. Between 2021 and 2022 the car was subject to a full restoration at a cost of more than €89,000; invoices are available to view on file.
Presenting in restored condition with a preserved interior, this smart and well-finished example of Alfa Romeo’s seminal gran turismo would be a perfect match for someone looking for their first serious Italian classic.