RM | SOTHEBY'S
IN ASSOCIATION WITH BERNINA GRAN TURISMO
We are pleased to announce an all-new sale at the beautiful Swiss mountain resort of St. Moritz, held in association with the Bernina Gran Turismo. Known as the world’s most beautiful vintage racing competition, the ‘International St. Moritz Automobile Week’ encompasses a number of events between 16-19 September which will now include RM Sotheby’s St. Moritz auction that will take place at the resort’s famous Kempinski hotel on the afternoon of 17 September.
As we continue to build a reputation for creating stunning and exclusive boutique sales in Europe, our newly established Swiss office based in Geneva, along with the St. Moritz sale and its association with the wonderful Bernina Gran Turismo, is a clear demonstration of RM Sotheby’s commitment to the Swiss market.
This addition to our 2021 auction calendar provides collectors and enthusiasts with the ultimate classic and collector car experience in the luxurious and beautiful surroundings of the St. Moritz region.
IMPORTANT BIDDER INFORMATION
Bidder Registration Requirements
The following items will be required for you to submit your registration:
- One of the following: Driver's License, Passport Identification, or ID Card
- Proof of funds (Proof of Funds or Bank Statement)
- Credit Card (used for a pre-auction authorization)
- If registering as a Company, Proof of Company (Incorporation documents, VAT/Tax Number)
- If registering as a North American dealer, copy of Dealer and Resale Tax Certificate
Onsite Bidder Registration: €100
Internet, Absentee, and Telephone Bidding Registration - FREE
Additional Fees to Be Considered
For Motor Car Lots
- In the event of a final Hammer Price of CHF 200.000,00 and below on all motor car lots, RM will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium).
- In the event of a final Hammer Price above CHF 200.000,00 on all motor car lots, RM will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the first CHF 200.000,00 and will receive a Buyers’ Premium of 12.5% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price above CHF 200.000,00.
For Non-Motor Car Lots
- Buyers of all non-motor car lots, including but not limited to memorabilia, motorcycles, boats, trailers, jewelry, and clothing, are required to pay RM a Buyers’ Premium of 20% (plus VAT on the Buyers’ Premium) on the Hammer Price of those particular lots.
Lot Handling Charge
Please note all lots will be removed from the auction venue on Monday, 20 September and taken into secure storage located in Rümlang in Switzerland at a cost of CHF 600 + VAT per car to be paid by the buyer. Daily storage charges will commence from Monday, 27 September at a rate of CHF 30 + VAT per car. There is a charge of CHF 150 + VAT per car that will also be applied for the handling of the car when it leaves the storage facility.
Bidders are responsible for any applicable duty and/or local taxes on any motor car(s) or any other lot(s) purchased. International bidders are advised to inform themselves of potential import duties that would be due upon arrival of the lot(s) to its final destination. You are advised to speak with your local representatives in advance of the sale to understand what these costs would be. The location in which the lot is sold is clearly indicated on the lot page found on rmsothebys.com.
Please pay careful attention to any Lots that are:
- VAT Applicable
- Temporary Import
Those cars subject to temporary importation restrictions cannot be discharged from RMS’ custody without the completion of customs procedures and until full payment has been received. Customs charges will be levied appropriately depending on each individual scenario and will be payable directly to the relevant authorities, which RMS will provide the details of as and when necessary. Please note there is a compulsory administrative fee to process removing the car from temporary import bond.
Payment is due in full on or before 17:00 of the next business day following the auction, and payment is to be made to RM Sotheby’s (‘RMS’). All payments must be in the form of bank transfer unless other arrangements have been approved in advance. International Bidders are advised that bank transfers may take multiple days for funds to transfer, and as such, we ask for banking institutions to confirm the transfer directly with our Administration department once initiated.
RMS strongly advises Buyers to make immediate arrangements for the collection and transport of purchased lots. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to make their own arrangements, but RMS is pleased to offer our clients the services of the following preferred company:
Please note that it is the Buyer’s responsibility to insure their purchased lot(s) whilst in storage, as insurance is the Buyer’s responsibility once the lot is sold.
Client Service and Administration Contacts
Should you be interested in booking a hotel room at the Kempinski Hotel St. Moritz please contact Britta Buchmann.
§ Please note that lots displaying this symbol are offered by a “Business” as defined in the Consumer Protection Rights Clause found in the Bidders Conditions of Business