1939 Delahaye USA Pacific
Sold For $220,000Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
- Wonderful modern homage to Jean Bugatti’s Type 57S Atlantic
- Features beautiful fiberglass coachwork over a stunning Art Deco-style interior
- Powered by a BMW fuel-injected 12-cylinder engine and automatic transmission
- Equipped with air conditioning, heat, and power windows
- A head-turning homage with modern conveniences
- Please note this is titled as a 2016 Assembled Vehicle
- Please note this lot will need to be collected from Austin, TX
The Delahaye USA Pacific is a modern-day homage to Jean Bugatti’s masterpiece, the Type 57S Atlantic. Delahaye USA is the noted firm based in New Jersey founded by Terry Cook, the former editor of Car Craft and Hot Rod magazines. The Pacific was hand built over a four-year period and features breathtaking fiberglass coachwork with sensual Art Deco curves reminiscent of the original Atlantic. The car is built on a custom steel-tube chassis ten inches longer than the original Type 57S and is powered by a modern 300-hp BMW M70B50 SOHC 12-cylinder fuel-injected engine paired to a BMW 4HP24 four-speed automatic transmission. Power is sent to a Ford 9-inch rear end and moved along on Dayton wire wheels with new Dunlop tires.
The interior exhibits wonderful engine-turned design on the console and dash, the latter of which is equipped with new vintage-look instrumentation. The classic-inspired seats feature stainless steel framework and are trimmed in brocaded fabric with contrasting welting. The door cards are wrapped in leather, completing the vintage look of the luxurious cockpit. The car is equipped with air conditioning, heat, and power windows for modern convenience and comfort.
With just four examples of the legendary Type 57S Atlantic originally built by Bugatti, they fall in the realm of unobtanium. The Pacific offers a wonderful alternative with its breathtaking curves and reliable modern underpinnings and creature comforts, such as the automatic transmission and air conditioning. The Delahaye USA Pacific is sure to turn heads no matter where it may travel, be it on any side of either ocean.