language

RM | PRIVATE SALES

1957 Lancia Aurelia B20 S Coupé Series 6

{{lr.item.text}}

{{x.text}}

Sold

Italy | Italy


Chassis No.
Engine No.
Documents
B20S-1646
B20-5203
Italian Libretto
  • Desirable Series 6 version of the Aurelia B20 S Coupé, among the final examples made
  • 2.5-litre V-6 engine works with column-shift, four-speed manual gearbox
  • Accompanied by restoration photos include strip-down, repaint, interior retrim, and rebuild of gearbox
  • Now finished in attractive grey over two-tone blue and grey interior
  • Eligible for many fine historic motoring events and rallies
  • Accompanied by FIVA and ACI-CSAI paperwork

The Lancia Aurelia B20 is coveted by enthusiasts as an attractive Italian grand tourer that offers advanced engineering for its age combined with excellent performance. The de Dion rear axle ensures composed roadholding, delivering both comfort and performance advantages, while a V-6 engine, rated at 112 horsepower, works with a four-speed manual transmission. The Aurelia secured success at many of the most famous races of the era, including Le Mans, Mille Miglia, Monte Carlo Rallye, and Targa Florio.

The Aurelia B20 S Coupé Series 6 offered here is a late-production car, made towards the end of the production run of the model. With elegant styling designed by Ghia and built by Pininfarina, the Series 6 is distinguished by its roll-up windows with triangular quarter vent, chrome bonnet strip and improved sound deadening. Later Aurelia models received the larger 2.5-litre, all-alloy V-6 engine with Weber 40 DCL5 carburettor. This model is built in left-hand drive configuration, while the car’s four-speed manual transmission is operated by a steering column-mounted shifter. The body is finished in grey, while the interior complements the colour scheme in two-tone grey and blue, and features a wooden steering wheel and polished chrome trim throughout.

It is understood that the car was manufactured in 1957, yet it was not registered for the road until 27 October 1958, first delivered to a resident of Rome, Italy. The Italian ownership chronology document shows that chassis number 1646 changed hands again in 1985, transferring to a classic car dealership in Rome. Its next owner, also residing in the Italian capital, kept the Lancia until 2014, when it was acquired by its incumbent owner, who resides in Milan. As is documented in the restoration photos that accompany the car, the Lancia was subject to a full strip-down. Technicians retrimmed the interior, rebuilt the gearbox, and repainted the exterior in the shade of grey the car wears today.

Today, the timeless Italian grand tourer is eligible for many historic motoring events and rallies in the collector car calendar, or can be used simply as a fine car to enjoy open roads. The Lancia is presented with current Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens (FIVA) and Automobile Club d’Italia-Commissione Sportiva Automobilistica Italiana (ACI-CSAI) paperwork, which are registered to the incumbent owner and will need to be renewed upon the registration of a new keeper.

Suggested lots