- RM Auctions set to offer the remarkable cars and collectibles of Mr. Michael Dingman, 23-24 June in New Hampshire
- Offered entirely without reserve, collection of 750 lots is teeming with American collectibles, from motor cars to neon and porcelain signs to automotive memorabilia and parts, and even a fully functioning diner and bar
- Mr. Dingman’s affinity for Ford evident in collection of vehicles spanning 80 years of the marque’s history
- Complete digital catalogue and information on all lots now available at rmsothebys.com
BLENHEIM, Ontario (25 May 2018) – As Memorial Day weekend arrives in the U.S., RM Auctions is delighted to release the complete digital catalogue for its upcoming presentation of The Dingman Collection. Set for 23-24 June in Hampton, New Hampshire, the collection is offered entirely without reserve and comprises the remarkable cars and collectibles of the late Mr. Michael Dingman—longtime Ford Motor Company director and one of the most important Ford collectors of modern times. Totaling 750 lots, the collection is led by 37 automobiles, complemented by a wide array of original neon and tin signs, petroliana, and collectibles from the Great American Century.
Americana is ever-present within The Dingman Collection, including the authentic, beautifully restored 1940s American diner known as the Silk City Diner (Est. $300,000 - $400,000, offered without reserve). The diner was fully restored over many years and comes complete with an extraordinary photographic history to go with its exceptional outfitting with top of the line equipment, and even an ingeniously attached separate kitchen built to the rear of the diner.
Additional highlights of the auction include:
- “The Chicago” Brunswick-Style Bar with Stools and Ephemera, built by the Weiss-Sontag Company of Chicago, Illinois and offered with an assortment of bar equipment (Est. $50,000 - $75,000, offered without reserve);
- Over 250 neon signs of extraordinary quality and originality, depicting everything from American automotive brands to food and beverage, in a variety of sizes—all exceptionally rare and desirable;
- Over 250 porcelain and metal signs, all original and exceptionally well preserved; and,
- Hundreds of additional lots of memorabilia and spare automotive parts and equipment, from Roush-built engines to car lifts, and a great deal more.
The Dingman Collection’s offering also chronicles important moments in the heritage of one of America’s first auto makers—Ford Motor Company. Further to dozens of original Ford signs, motor car highlights from across more than a century of manufacturing include:
- 1938 Ford V-8 DeLuxe Phaeton, a superbly restored example from the final year of the Ford Phaeton (Est. $75,000 - $125,000, offered without reserve);
- 1941 Ford Super DeLuxe Station Wagon, a highly desirable example with beautiful Birdseye maple body by Mike Nickels (Est. $60,000 - $90,000, offered without reserve);
- 1950 Mercury 72B Club Coupe, an iconic model popularized by James Dean film Rebel Without a Cause and showing just 22,900 original miles (Est. $40,000 - $60,000, offered without reserve);
- 1951 Ford Custom Country Squire, a rare Canadian-delivery example from the last year of genuine Ford “woodies”, offered from just two long-term owners since new (Est. $100,000 - $120,000, offered without reserve);
- 1975 Ford Bronco Custom, a subtle and tastefully modified Ford icon ready for comfortable cruising or off-road adventure (Est. $40,000 - $70,000, offered without reserve);
- 1995 Ford Roush Mustang Cobra SCCA Trans Am, acquired directly from Roush Racing in 1999 and believed to have been used by three-time SCCA Trans Am Champion Tommy Kendall (Est. $300,000 - $400,000, offered without reserve); and,
- 2006 Ford GT, a four-option example offered in immaculate condition, finished in Tungsten and showing under 2,400 miles ($300,000 - $350,000, offered without reserve).
For further event information and the complete Dingman Collection digital catalogue, please visit rmsothebys.com. To speak with an RM Sotheby’s specialist about a particular lot or to register to bid, please call +1 519 352 4575.
FOR MORE NEWS FROM THE RM SOTHEBY’S GROUP:
Follow: www.twitter.com/rmsothebys | www.instagram.com/rmsothebys