$207,200 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- Stunningly preserved example with fewer than 11,000 miles at time of cataloguing
- Equipped with its numbers-matching engine and gearbox
- Wears its factory-original finishes of Grand Prix White over Marine Blue partial leather trim
- Desirably equipped with sport shock absorbers, limited-slip differential, cruise control, power sunroof, sport seats with electric heigh adjustment, Hi-Fi sound system with amplifier, Blaupunkt Reno radio, and Grand Prix White wheel centers
- Documented by original window sticker, original warranty and maintenance book, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, assortment of owner’s manuals, tool roll, jack, and air pump
Completed by Zuffenhausen on 6 September 1988, this United States-specification 911 Carrera Coupe was sold to its first owner via Appleway European Imports of Spokane, Washington on 13 July 1989. Still wearing its original finishes of Grand Prix White (P5) over Marine Blue partial leather trim (SW), the car’s original window sticker further documents a significant list of options including limited-slip differential, sport shock absorbers, Grand Prix White wheel centers, Blaupunkt Reno radio, Hi-Fi sound system with amplifier, cruise control, power sunroof, and sport front seats with electric height adjustment.
The car would be enjoyed by the first owner for fewer than three years before it was reportedly traded in at Bellevue Porsche of Bellevue, Washington in March 1992. As evidenced by an original bill of sale on file, the car, then showing just 1,698 miles, was sold by Bellevue Porsche to its next owner on 6 March 1992. This curator cherished chassis 120272 for the better part of the next 20 years, adding little more than 9,000 miles before passing ownership to the White Collection in 2012. The White Collection has continued the car’s pampered life with monthly turns starting the car and running it to operating temperature.
Now showing just 10,870 miles at time of cataloguing, this true time-capsule 911 Carrera is documented by a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity as retaining its numbers-matching engine and transaxle. The car is further accompanied by an original window sticker, warranty and maintenance book, assortment of owner’s manuals, toll roll, jack, and air pump.
Any truly preservation-quality air-cooled Porsche is a unique find. This example, with original paint and interior trim and possessing a documented history from new, certainly stands prominently among the rest.