$329,500 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- An alluring time-capsule Carrera showing just 753 km (~468 miles)
- German home-market example, sold new via Paul Greier Porsche of Neumünster
- Equipped with its matching-numbers 3.2-liter engine and gearbox
- Presented in its original coat of Grand Prix White over Can Can Red leather trim
- Factory-supplied with the coveted M491 “Turbo-Look” option, one of 251 built for 1986, as well as power-adjusted sport leather seats, power sunroof, tinted glass, and Blaupunkt Bremen radio
- Documented with its original order documents, warranty and service book, and owner’s manuals, as well as Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and Letter of Origin
Clearly a man of exclusive tastes, Hansjüergen Apel purchased this 3.2 Carrera new via Paul Greier Porsche of Neumünster on 23 July 1986 with delivery two days later, on 25 July. Per the original order forms on file, the car left Zuffenhausen finished in Grand Prix White over Can Can Red leather trim. Sporting an extensive option list, the car was notably furnished with electrically adjustable sport leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel with raised hub, more powerful battery, power passenger-side mirror, rear wiper, electrically powered sunroof, tinted glass, and a Blaupunkt Bremen radio.
The focal point, however, was option 491—a costly factory add-on that gave the Carrera 3.2 the widebody look of the 911 Turbo. More than just a cosmetic package, this option also added handling and braking enhancements to the already-capable naturally aspirated 911. Just 251 such coupes were built worldwide for 1986, and each example is coveted by collectors today.
Beyond its extensive option list, enthusiasts are sure to pine over this car’s fascinating preservation. Copies of the car’s German Fahrzeugbrief show Apel maintained it in an essentially as-delivered state for the better part of the next two decades, keeping regular registration in Neumünster through 2005. Several original service invoices also document Apel’s careful conservation, recording fewer than 400 kilometers by 1992. The car then passed through noted luxury car broker Tom Hartley Jnr. of Swadlincote, United Kingdom before being acquired by the White Collection in 2015.
Now showing just 753 kilometers (~468 miles) and still wearing a smattering of original delivery and service stickers, this time-capsule Carrera is offered with its original owner’s manual, warranty and service book, service manuals, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and Letter of Origin as well as a factory tool kit, jack, lug wrench, and air compressor. Retaining its numbers-matching engine and gearbox, as well as its factory exterior and interior finishes, this car has been started and run to operating temperature monthly while in the White Collection.
Having accumulated fewer than 800 kilometers since it left Zuffenhausen over 37 years ago, this exceptional widebody 1986 911 Carrera 3.2 “Turbo-Look” Coupe offers a distinctive, one-of-a-kind opportunity for the astute collector.