- Offered from the collection of Howard and Norma Weaver
- Well-preserved, award-winning older restoration
- Numerous options and accessories
- CCCA Full Classic
150 bhp, 346 cu. in. overhead-valve V-8 engine, four-speed Hydra-Matic automatic transmission, independent coil-spring front suspension, rear semi-elliptical leaf-spring suspension, and four-wheel hydraulic power-assisted drum brakes. Wheelbase: 129 in.
After World War II, Cadillac, like most manufacturers, returned to production with a modified version of its 1942 design and engineering. This basic formula would remain in production, with some detail changes, through 1947, and it was incredibly popular with buyers for its combination of power and luxury. It is a testament to the quality of these cars that they are among the latest automobiles recognized as Full Classics by the Classic Car Club of America. They combine modern reliability and drivability with the same careful quality of hand construction that had been seen on earlier V-12 and V-16 models. Accordingly, few automobiles are as popular for the CCCA member who wants to relax on a CARavan.
The Convertible offered here is documented by its build sheet, a copy of which is on file, as having originally been delivered through the famous Capital Cadillac Company of Washington, D.C., equipped with the optional Hydra-Matic transmission, AM radio with aerial, automatic under-dash heater, and fog lights. It is presently powered by a 1946 engine, believed to have been installed some years ago, which is virtually identical in all but its identifying number to a 1947 unit. Completely restored in the early 1980s, it was a National First Prize winner in both AACA and Cadillac-LaSalle Club competition and has been well preserved since in the Weaver Collection.
The body is finished in a beautiful, period-correct metallic blue finish and remains in very good overall condition, with only minor and expected signs of normal wear; the chrome trim is in excellent condition throughout. The interior is upholstered, as originally, in cloth, a rarely seen option, and it also remains in fine order. The car shows about 1,050 miles, which is believed to be the distance covered since restoration.
Ideal for CCCA CARavans and other touring activities, this is one of the most enjoyable, modern, and easy to drive of all Full Classics.