The Garagista Collection represents the pinnacle of automotive obsession. Featuring hundreds of car parts (new old stock (NOS), new, and used), automobilia, and other items, the auction showcases many of the rarest and most sought-after items ever made. The diverse offering features products from brands such as Bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, and more. Indeed, the bulk of the lots stem from the Maranello factory floor of the legendary marque Ferrari. This collection encompasses nearly 100 years of automotive history, ranging from the pre-war era to the modern day and everything in between. Every lot is offered entirely without reserve for the discerning automotive collector.
A TIME-BASED ONLINE AUCTION ENCOMPASSING NEARLY 100 YEARS OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY
Wednesday, 22 March 2023
Wednesday, 29 March 2023
LOTS BEGIN TO CLOSE
Conditions of Business
Wednesday, 22 March 2023
Wednesday, 29 March 2023
LOTS BEGIN TO CLOSE
Bidders' Conditions of Business
BIDDER’S CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1.1. Please ensure that you read and understand these Bidder’s Conditions of Business (the “Conditions of Business”) prior to bidding on a motor car or any other lot (“Lot(s)”) at the RM Auctions Inc. d.b.a. RM Sotheby’s (“RMS”) auction utilizing the RMS online platform (the “RM Online Auction”).
1.2. Each bidder in the RM Online Auction (the “Bidder”) is responsible to understand, review, and agree to these Conditions of Business. As a Bidder, you are agreeing to be bound by these Conditions of Business for the RM Online Auction. Please note that, these Conditions of Business are subject to change from time to time and will be posted on RMS’ website as the case may be. Bidders are encouraged to contact RMS’ Client Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding these Conditions of Business.
1.3. RMS’ contractual relationship with Bidders is governed by:
1.3.1. These Conditions of Business;
1.3.2. The Conditions of Business displayed on RMS’ website;
1.3.3. The Key to Lot Symbols and/or Legend referenced in the Lot(s) description on www.rmsothebys.com (the “Website”) as the case may be; and
1.3.4. In each case as amended by any notice, auctioneer’s announcement, or website update.
(Clauses 1.3. to 1.3.4. collectively, the “Contractual Obligations”)
1.4. As auctioneer, RMS acts as the agent for the relevant consignor of the Lot(s) (the “Consignor”).
1.4.1. Occasionally, RMS may own a Lot(s) (and, in such circumstances, acts in a principal capacity as the seller) and/or may have a legal, beneficial, or financial interest in a Lot(s) as a secured creditor or otherwise, in which case RMS will disclose such interest with the appropriate Symbols and/or Legend referenced in the RM Online Auction Lot(s) description on the Website.
2. Bidder Due Diligence Responsibilities. The Bidder is responsible for any and all due diligence including, but not limited to, inspections and verification of the originality, character, features, condition, correctness, authenticity, history or description, statements made in reference to, or any and all other matters regarding any Lot(s) offered at the RM Online Auction (“Bidder Due Diligence”).
3. All Sales Are “As Is” and “Where Is.” No warranties or representations of any type whatsoever are made by RMS or any Consignor to the Bidder regarding any Lot(s) offered in the RM Online Auction. Lot(s) descriptions, statements in online content, pre-mailers, advertisements, brochures, signs, and window cards, as well as verbal statements made by Consignors, auctioneers, or auction staff, are based on statements and historical files, if any, collected from the Consignor and other third-party sources, and RMS has no obligation to verify or authenticate any such statements. All Lot(s) are sold as is, where is, with no representations or warranties, expressed or implied. THE CONSIGNORS AND RMS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO CONDITION, ORIGINALITY, OR AUTHENTICITY; ORIGIN OR PROVENANCE; PREVIOUS USE OR OWNERSHIP; MANUFACTURING OR RESTORATION PROCESSES; YEAR OR AGE; SERIAL NUMBER, MAKE, OR MODEL; OPTIONS AND TOOLS; ENGINE HOURS; AND MILEAGE OF ANY LOT(S) OR COMPONENT OF ANY LOT(S), AND THEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. Services. RMS may provide services including clerks, support staff, advertising, and promotion. In connection with the RM Online Auction, RMS will have absolute discretion with regard to the Lot(s) as to (a) consulting any expert either before or after the RM Online Auction, (b) researching provenance, (c) grouping and providing descriptions as may be appropriate, (d) marketing and promotion of the Lot(s), and (e) any other services required to conduct the auction of the Lot(s).
5. Bidding at the RM Online Auction.
5.1. Lot(s) are expected to close approximately 1 week after the bidding opens to registered Bidders. The exact closing date will be notified to you in respect of the RM Online Auction.
5.2. To bid at the RM Online Auction, a Bidder must satisfy any and all RMS Bidder registration requirements which include, but are not limited to, (i) being at least 18 years of age; (ii) providing RMS with a copy of a valid form of government-issued identification; (iii) providing RMS with a bank letter written on bank letterhead; RMS may waive this requirement at its sole discretion; (iv) providing RMS with a copy of a credit card; and (v) providing RMS with copies of any and all required financial documents including, but not limited to, financial references, guarantees, deposits, and/or such other security, at RMS’ absolute discretion, as security for any bid (together “Bidder Registration Requirements”).
5.2.1. If planning to pay via cryptocurrency the Bidder must, prior to the opening of the auction, complete all Bidder Registration Requirements and contact RMS’ Client Service department at email@example.com for further information on potentially utilizing BitPay to facilitate the use of cryptocurrency. In order to process cryptocurrency, there is a vendor fee of 1% that is applicable to the total Purchase Price (defined below). The embedded BitPay invoice includes the 1% added vendor fee. Please note RMS and BitPay reserves all rights to reject a payment with a cryptocurrency.
5.3. Please note that, even if a Bidder has satisfied and/or met some or all of the Bidder Registration Requirements for previous RMS auctions, all Bidders will be required to satisfy and/or meet the Bidder Registration Requirements for the RM Online Auction specifically prior to being accepted to bid.
5.4. If the Bidder does not satisfy and/or meet the Bidder Registration Requirements, RMS, at its sole discretion, may not allow the Bidder to register to bid at the RM Online Auction.
5.5. Once you have satisfied the Bidder Registration Requirements, you will be able to place bids against Lot(s) at the RM Online Auction. To place a bid, the Bidder must follow the instructions and processes on the RM Online Auction platform.
5.6. Once made, no Bidder may retract a bid made during the RM Online Auction for any reason.
5.7. If a bid placed by another bidder exceeds your bid, you will be notified via the email address and/or mobile telephone number you provided during registration, and the webpage of the Lot(s) will indicate you have been outbid.
5.8. If a bid is placed within the final two minutes of the bid acceptance period for an individual Lot(s), the RM Online Auction period for that individual Lot(s) will be extended up to two minutes to prevent a Bidder from trying to place a high bid in the final moments of the RM Online Auction for that individual Lot(s). This also gives the new Bidder time to consider raising their bid further if they are not the high Bidder.
5.9. There is no “cooling-off period”, cancellation, or rescission of bids.
5.10. If at the end of the RM Online Auction, you are awarded the final bid on a Lot(s), ownership automatically changes hands at the close of the Lot(s) ("Close of Lot(s)”). At the Close of Lot(s), you are now the legal owner (the “Buyer”) of the applicable Lot(s) and are responsible for payment in full.
5.10.1. To clarify, the term “Close of Lot(s)” shall be defined as the time that the time-based auction expires.
5.11. The Buyer is responsible for all risk of loss or damage and insurance immediately upon purchase of the Lot(s).
5.12. RMS reserves the right to reject any bid. The highest Bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be the Buyer. The auctioneer has absolute and sole discretion in the case of error or dispute with respect to bidding and, the auctioneer and RMS have absolute and sole discretion, whether during or after the sale, to determine the successful Bidder, to re-open the bidding, to cancel the sale, or to re-offer and re-sell the Lot(s) in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, RMS’ sale record is conclusive. RMS is not responsible for any errors or omissions in connection with the calling, displaying, accepting, or rejecting of bids.
5.13. By participating in the RM Online Auction, the Bidder represents and warrants that any bid placed by them, or on their behalf, is not the product of any collusive or other anti-competitive agreement and is otherwise consistent with applicable competition law.
5.14. For further details on requirements to bid, please contact a client services representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.1. The Lot(s) will be sold at the RM Online Auction in British Pounds (£). If the Bidder is planning to pay via cryptocurrency, please refer to clause 5.2.1. of these Conditions of Business.
6.2. RMS may display a currency conversion function on the RM Online Auction platform; however, these are for informational purposes only and, are not to be relied on by anyone. The Buyer will be required to make payment to RMS in accordance with clause 13 (Payment) of these Conditions of Business in the designated currency for the RM Online Auction that the Buyer purchases the Lot(s) at.
7. Purchase Price.
7.1. The purchase price shall consist of the following:
7.1.1. the Hammer Price (defined below) of the Lot(s);
7.1.2. the applicable Buyer’s Premium (defined below); and
7.1.3. any applicable Expenses and Fees (defined below).
(Clauses 7.1. to 7.1.3. together are “Purchase Price”)
8. Buyer’s Premium.
8.1. In addition to the Hammer Price, the Buyer is required to pay RMS a percentage of the Hammer Price as outlined below, which RMS retains as the Buyer’s Premium for the purchase of each Lot(s) (“Buyer’s Premium”):
8.1.1. In the event of a final Hammer Price of £200,000.00 and below on all motor car Lot(s), RMS will receive a Buyer’s Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyer’s Premium).
8.1.2. In the event of a final Hammer Price above £200,000.00 on all motor car Lot(s), RMS will receive a Buyer’s Premium of 15% (plus VAT on the Buyer’s Premium) on the first £200,000.00 and will receive a Buyer’s Premium of 12.5% (plus VAT on the Buyer’s Premium) on the Hammer Price above £200,000.00.
8.1.3. Buyers of all non-motor car Lot(s) including, but not limited to, memorabilia, motorcycles, boats, trailers, jewelry, clothing, and automobile parts, accessories, tools, and/or engines are required to pay RMS a Buyer’s Premium of 20% (plus VAT on the Buyer’s Premium) on the Hammer Price of those particular Lot(s).
9. Taxes. The Buyer is responsible to pay all applicable taxes, duties, tariffs, and any and all other government mandated costs associated with purchasing Lot(s) (“taxes”). Further, as mandated in multiple applicable jurisdictions, RMS is required to remit taxes; as applicable, RMS will outline the additional taxes on your invoice.
10. No Legal or Tax Advice.
10.1. These Conditions of Business are an important legal document. The Bidder acknowledges that the Bidder has had the opportunity to consult an attorney before accepting these Conditions of Business and, has entered into this agreement after having the opportunity to consult with an attorney of their own choosing. Notwithstanding any references to any transactions or arrangements in these Conditions of Business or, any contemporaneous written, oral, or implied understandings of the parties relating to the subject matter of these Conditions of Business, RMS has not provided legal or tax advice or tax planning services to the Bidder or for the Bidder’s benefit in connection with the transactions contemplated by these Conditions of Business and, no one at RMS has acted as the Bidder’s attorney or tax advisor. As a condition of bidding at the RM Online Auction, it is the Bidder’s responsibility to satisfy themselves and comply with all applicable tax, duty, or any and all other payments associated with the purchase of a Lot(s) at the RM Online Auction. A further condition of bidding at the RM Online Auction is that the Bidder holds RMS harmless from any and all tax or regulatory issues that arise due to Tax and Ownership Information (defined below) that RMS provides.
10.2. In order to assist Bidders with this process, RMS may provide information about the tax status of each Lot(s) as well as any ownership or registration papers that will be supplied with the respective Lot(s) (“Tax and Ownership Information”); however, this information is being provided merely to assist Bidders in their determination of their own tax and regulatory responsibilities.
11. Credit Card Hold. Please note that in order to register to bid at the RM Online Auction, RMS requires a hold of up to £2,000.00 to be placed on the Bidder’s credit card from the date of registration until the close of the RM Online Auction (“CC Hold”). If the Bidder is not the Buyer of the Lot(s), the CC Hold will be removed from the credit card in accordance with the Bidder’s specific credit card companies’ procedures. If the Bidder is the Buyer of the Lot(s), the Bidder will be required to make payment to RMS in accordance with clause 13 (Payment) of these Conditions of Business.
12. Expenses and Fees: Expenses and fees as outlined in these Conditions of Business include, but are not limited, to transportation, duty, storage, insurance, and taxes (collectively “Expenses and Fees”). The Buyer will be required to pay the applicable Expenses and Fees to RMS in addition to the Hammer Price and applicable Buyer’s Premium in accordance with clause 13 (Payment).
13.1. Subject to fulfillment of the Contractual Obligations, at the Close of Lot(s), the bill of sale between the Consignor and the Bidder is concluded and irrevocable.
13.2. The value of the last accepted bid upon the Close of Lot(s) is the Hammer Price (“Hammer Price”).
13.3. Payment is due in full on or before 5:00 p.m. EST / EDT of the next business day (“Payment Deadline”), and payment is to be made to RMS.
13.4. For any purchases under £5,000.00, the Bidder acknowledges and agrees that his/her credit card against which the CC Hold has been taken will automatically be used as the payment method for the Hammer Price of the Lot(s), applicable Buyer’s Premium, and Expenses and Fees. Special payment arrangements can be made for multiple Lot(s) purchases, which the Bidder is welcome to discuss with an RMS representative upon completion of the RM Online Auction.
13.5. For final purchases exceeding $5,000.00 (or the currency in which the Lot(s) is offered for sale), all payments must be in the form of wire transfer unless other arrangements have been approved in advance.
13.6. RMS is not obligated to release the Lot(s) to the winning Bidder until the Buyer has met all of the Contractual Obligations and paid the Purchase Price.
14.1. In the event of no or partial payment of the Purchase Price by the Payment Deadline, the Bidder agrees to and acknowledges that RMS has the sole discretion to do any one or any combination of the following:
14.1.1. Cancel/rescind the sale of a Lot(s). If the sale is cancelled/rescinded due to non-payment, RMS will not be liable to the Bidder for any losses or damages resulting from the cancellation/rescission.
14.1.2. Assume the rights of the Consignor to pursue the Buyer for any amounts paid to the Consignor, whether at law, in equity, or under these Conditions of Business.
14.1.3. Deduct the Purchase Price from the Bidder’s cash deposit and/or charge the Purchase Price to the credit card that the Bidder has provided. If the Bidder’s cash deposit and/or credit card payment does not cover the Purchase Price, in addition to other remedies available by law, RMS reserves the right to impose, from the Payment Deadline until the full Purchase Price has been made by the Buyer, a late charge of (1) the U.S. Prime Rate then in effect, as published by The Wall Street Journal (“U.S. Prime Rate”) + 4.00% for up to the first 60 calendar days after the Payment Deadline and (2) the U.S. Prime Rate + 8.00% thereafter until the full Purchase Price has been made by the Buyer on the:
22.214.171.124. Purchase Price;
126.96.36.199. Any collection costs, attorneys’ fees, and court costs incurred to enforce payment; and
188.8.131.52. Other damages reasonably related to the Bidder’s non-payment.
184.108.40.206. Please note that the U.S. Prime Rate as outlined above will be adjusted daily to account for changes in the U.S. Prime Rate and may increase or decrease during the term of these Conditions of Business.
14.2. In the event of a non-payment, the Buyer will INDEMNIFY, DEFEND (WITH RMS’ SOLE CHOICE OF COUNSEL), AND HOLD RMS AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, COSTS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION TO COURT COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OCCUR, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ON THE ACCOUNT OF, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO THE LOT(S), THE NON-PAYMENT, OR RMS’ ACTIONS TAKEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH CLAUSE 14.1.
15.1. Lot(s) not marked as “no reserve” (or similar) are subject to a reserve set by the Consignor. When a Lot(s) is sold subject to a reserve, the auctioneer may bid on the Consignor’s behalf up to and including an amount not to exceed the amount of the reserve.
15.2. If RMS contributes to the Hammer Price to meet a reserve, the reserve for the respective Lot(s) becomes the Hammer Price plus RMS’ contribution for purposes of commissions.
16. Cancellation/Rescission of RM Online Auction.
16.1. RMS will use reasonable efforts to avoid cancellation/rescission; however, RMS has the sole discretion to cancel/rescind the RM Online Auction and will not be liable to the Bidder for any losses or damages resulting from the cancellation/rescission including, but not limited to, if RMS believes the following events have occurred or have a reasonable chance of occurring:
16.1.1. Force Majeure events including but not limited to:
220.127.116.11. Any natural disaster which, despite reasonable efforts, restricts RMS from holding the RM Online Auction in its contemplated form; and
18.104.22.168. Any terrorist event (including resulting governmental restrictions), pandemic, war, as well as any “guideline” or “recommendation” by government (local, state/province, or federal/national) and/or accredited health organizations (including the World Health Organization) which, despite reasonable efforts, restricts RMS from holding the RM Online Auction in its contemplated form.
16.1.2. Government/court actions, orders, injunctions, regulations, laws, or non-compliance with applicable rules, regulations, or laws to hold the RM Online Auction that necessitate or make prudent a cancellation.
17. Cancellation/Rescission of Lot(s).
17.1. RMS will use reasonable efforts to avoid cancellation/rescission; however, RMS has the sole discretion to cancel/rescind the sale of a Lot(s) and will not be liable to the Bidder for any losses or damages resulting from the cancellation/rescission if RMS believes the following events have occurred or have a reasonable chance of occurring:
17.1.1. RMS opines that the Lot(s) has been intentionally and materially misrepresented by the Consignor;
17.1.2. RMS opines that physical damage to the Lot(s), which cannot be sufficiently repaired prior to the RM Online Auction, occurred after these Conditions of Business were formed;
17.1.3. RMS is served with a lawsuit or threatened with a dispute from a third party in relation to the Lot(s);
17.1.4. RMS faces significant reputational damages that would cause monetary damages for offering or selling the Lot(s);
17.1.5. Material issues regarding title, registration, or transfer of ownership that cannot be reasonably cured, or RMS believes would expose it to claims or disputes from a third party;
17.1.6. Material issues regarding the provenance, merchantability, or authenticity of the Lot(s) that cannot be reasonably cured, or RMS believes would expose it to claims or disputes from a third party;
17.1.7. Government/court actions, orders, injunctions, regulations, laws, or non-compliance with applicable rules, regulations, or laws to sell the Lot(s) at the RM Online Auction that necessitate a cancellation; or
17.1.8. If there are disputes, claims, accusations, notices, or similar communications made by the Buyer in regard to their purchase of a Lot(s) not being authentic, being misrepresented, having an encumbered title or registration, having undisclosed material issue, or having a similar claim, RMS has the right to retain the Buyer’s funds on account and be the arbitrator as to the merit of the Buyer’s claims, including to cancel or rescind the sale of the Lot(s) and reimburse the payment to the Buyer if RMS in its sole discretion deems the Buyer’s claims to be valid.
18. RM Online Auction is “As Available” and “As Is.”
18.1. All bids on a Lot(s) will be via RMS’ Online Only Auction platform.
18.2. Although RMS endeavors to keep a safe, secure, and functioning RM Online Auction, RMS cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to the RM Online Auction or, a Bidder’s ability to connect and navigate the RM Online Auction. Bid update and other notification functionality may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays beyond RMS’ control.
18.3. Bidders agree that they are making use of the RM Online Auction at their own risk and that the RM Online Auction is being provided to Bidders on an “AS AVAILABLE” and “AS IS” basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, RMS excludes all expressed or implied warranties, terms, and conditions, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
19. Title Transfer.
19.1. If the Buyer of a Lot(s) resides in an American state and, the purchased Lot(s) is titled in an American state, in an effort to ensure all titles are free and clear of liens or encumbrances, RMS manages the process of title reassignment on behalf of the Buyer. Buyers will receive titles in the mail as soon as possible following the RM Online Auction with a target of a maximum of 20 business days following the RM Online Auction; however, please note that for reasons beyond RMS’ control, including any delays in lien releases by lien holder(s) and/or delays by the Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent) in certain states, there are instances where the Buyer may not receive the title within 20 business days and, in those circumstances, RMS will work to provide the titles to the Buyer as soon as possible. A $75.00 USD administration fee ($85.00 USD in the State of California) (or the currency in which the Lot(s) is offered for sale) will be assessed per motor car Lot(s) purchased, but this fee will not apply to nostalgia lots.
19.1.1. If a Lot(s) is rendered “Title in Transit,” it is unlikely that the Buyers will receive the title in the mail within 20 business days following the RM Online Auction; however, RMS will work to provide the titles to the Buyer as soon as possible.
19.1.2. The Buyer acknowledges that delays in transferring titles, including due to delays at government Motor Vehicle departments happen from time to time, and the Buyer will hold RMS harmless from any allegations of damages arising out of governmental delays.
19.2. If the Buyer of a Lot(s) resides outside the United States, RMS will use its reasonable efforts to assist with the transfer of ownership; however, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to transfer ownership in compliance with their jurisdictional rules and regulations.
20. Removal of Purchased Lot(s).
20.1. All purchased Lot(s) will be stored at a secure storage facility and, the Buyer will be required to collect the paid Lot(s) via prior appointment only on either 3 April 2023, 4 April 2023, or 5 April 2023.
20.2. RMS will not offer a packing service for Lot(s) being collected on-site. As of 6 April 2023, memorabilia Lot(s) will no longer be able to be collected on-site and, must be shipped by RMS’ logistics partner Pack & Send. Pack & Send will contact Buyers directly to arrange onward shipping accordingly and as such, the Buyer’s contact information provided to RMS at the time of the RM Online Auction (i.e., name, email, phone, address) will be provided to Pack & Send.
20.3. If the Lot(s) is not removed by 21 April 2023, the Buyer will be charged a daily storage fee plus VAT per Lot(s) until the Lot(s) is removed.
20.4. Please note that:
20.4.1. The Buyer is required to insure their Lot(s) while the Lot(s) is being stored on their behalf; and
20.4.2. If the Lot(s) is not removed from the storage facility within one calendar year of the RMS Removal Deadline and, other arrangements have not been made, RMS has the right to (i) auction the Lot(s), (ii) retain its standard Buyer’s Premium and Expenses and Fees, and (iii) return the remaining funds, if any, to the Buyer within 30 business days of the sale.
21. Legal Action. These Conditions of Business shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S., without regard to choice of law principles. Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to these Conditions of Business or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof including, the determination of the scope or applicability of these Conditions of Business, shall exclusively be subject to arbitration and shall first be subject to mediation as a condition precedent to arbitration. If mediation is unsuccessful, the parties shall proceed to arbitration near Detroit, Michigan before one arbitrator and, all proceedings shall be conducted in English. The mediation and arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association pursuant to the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude the parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. In the event that either party brings action against the other, arising from or relating to the Sotheby’s Sealed or the Lot, the prevailing party, as determined by the arbitrator or court, shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, including through appeals. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Bidder agrees that the maximum liability of RMS arising out of or related to these Conditions of Business or any claim or dispute between the parties regarding the Lot(s) or the RM Online Auction shall be the Buyer’s Premium that would have been due under clause 8 of these Conditions of Business had the Lot(s) (a) met their reserve; (b) if offered without reserve, then the Lot’s published low estimate; or (c) if no published low estimate, then the Lot’s fair market value as determined by RMS.
22. Packing and Shipping. RMS is not responsible for the acts or omissions in our packing or shipping of purchased Lot(s) or of other carriers or packers of purchased Lot(s), whether or not recommended by RMS. Packing and handling of purchased Lot(s) are at the entire risk of the Buyer.
24. Anti-sniping: If a bid is placed within the final two minutes of bids being accepted on an individual Lot(s), the RM Online Auction for that individual Lot(s) may be extended up to two minutes to prevent a Bidder from trying to place a high bid in the final moments of the RM Online Auction for that individual Lot(s).
25. Anti-Money Laundering. The Bidder agrees to provide all information and assistance reasonably requested by RMS to comply with RMS’ internal anti-money laundering process and to comply with any and all applicable anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
26. Entire Agreement. This document shall be binding upon the parties and their respective heirs, personal representatives, and assigns. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, these Conditions of Business shall not be modified, except in writing. Whenever used in these Conditions of Business, as the bill of sale requires, the singular number shall include the plural, the plural number shall include the singular, the masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter, the feminine gender shall include the masculine and neuter, and the neuter gender shall include the masculine and feminine.
27. Assignment of Rights:
27.1. The Bidder or Buyer agrees that RMS may assign, sell, and/or pledge, entirely or in parts (“Assign” or “Assigns” or “Assigned” or “Assignment”) (third party who is assigned rights is an “Assignee(s)”) without limitation any and all rights, obligations, and/or remedies and/or relief as provided by law (“Rights”) that RMS is entitled to/obligated by under these Conditions of Business to any Assignee(s) (including, but not limited to, any RMS affiliate, and for Lot(s) purposes, to any financing sources of RMS).
27.2. RMS may assign insurance to an alternative insurance provider.
27.3. Following any Assignment in accordance with the terms hereof, any reference in these Conditions of Business to any Rights that RMS is entitled to/obligated by under these Conditions of Business, shall be held by RMS on behalf of and for the benefit of itself and any Assignee(s). The Bidder or Buyer hereby agrees to promptly execute and deliver any amendment or supplement to these Conditions of Business reasonably requested by RMS in connection with any Assignment in accordance with the terms hereof.
27.4. The Bidder or Buyer may not Assign the Rights that the Bidder or Buyer is entitled to/obligated by, under these Conditions of Business to any other individual or entity without the express written permission of RMS.
28.1. If there is a discrepancy, contradiction, or question of interpretation regarding enforceability between the English version of the Conditions of Business and a version of the Conditions of Business produced in a language other than English, the English version of RMS’ Conditions of Business will supersede.
28.2. If there is a discrepancy, contradiction, or question of interpretation in a description for a Lot(s), online or otherwise, between the English version of the description and a version produced in a language other than English, the English version will supersede.
29. Lot(s) Under Temporary Import.
29.1. A temporary import bond is used in all EU sales. If a Lot(s) is brought into the EU from a country outside of the EU, the Lot(s) must be placed on either RMS’ bond in the United Kingdom or one of RMS’ nominated customs agencies for Paris, Monaco, or Italy. Fees and charges vary from sale to sale, and for some countries, this is also determined by the value of the Lot(s).
29.2. Lot(s) subject to temporary importation restrictions cannot be discharged from RMS’ custody without the completion of customs procedures and until full payment has been received. Customs charges will be levied appropriately depending on each individual scenario and will be payable directly to the relevant authorities, which RMS will provide the details of as and when necessary.
29.3. Should the Buyer decide for the Lot(s) to remain in the EU when purchased, the Buyer is responsible to pay any and all import fees for the Lot(s).
30. Consumer Protection Rights. If the Consignor is a Business (defined below) AND the Buyer is a consumer AND the consumer has a right of withdrawal against the Consignor on the basis of EU and UK consumer protection laws, the Buyer has the automatic statutory right for 14 calendar days after the Buyer comes into possession of the Lot(s) to rescind the sale of the Lot(s). Nothing in this clause 30 shall affect any Buyer(s) legal rights that shall apply against the Consignor as a result of any applicable laws.
30.1. The definition of Business for these Conditions of Business is a natural person or legal entity in the business of selling automobiles and acting for purposes relating to such business (“Business”).
30.2. RMS reserves the right to make the reasonable determination as to whether a Consignor meets the definition of Business provided that such determination is not inconsistent with applicable law.
30.3. Buyers who exercise this right are responsible for any and all expenses associated with the Lot(s) including, but not limited to, transportation, duty, storage, insurance, and taxes.
30.4. If the Buyer exercises this right, they are advised to insure the Lot(s) until the Consignor re-takes possession of the Lot(s).
Consignors' Conditions of Business