$151,200 USD | Sold
| Monterey, California
- One of the world’s most important off-road vehicles
- Presented in its factory color of Beluga Black over black and gray Exmoor bucket seats
- Powered by a 3.9-liter V-8 mated to an automatic transmission with full-time four-wheel drive
- Rides on five-spoke alloy rims shod in BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
- Features desirable enhancements including a full safari roll cage, heated front seats, and upgraded Sirius-compatible stereo, among many others
- Accompanied by a copy of its British Motor Industry Heritage Trust certificate and clean CARFAX report
Few cars are as significant, successful, or instantly recognizable, as the venerated Land Rover. Radical in design when launched in 1948, the Land Rover has proved itself as quintessentially British as the Union Jack. A linchpin of the British automobile industry, it has transported soldiers, plowed fields, forded rivers, and carried anyone with a sense of adventure to the most remote corners of the globe.
The 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 on offer here is a tastefully updated example built in June 1997 for sale through Land Rover of Bluff City, Tennessee. Per a copy of the car’s British Motor Industry Heritage Trust certificate on file, it was factory-finished just as it presents today in brilliant Beluga Black over Grey livery and equipped with factory air conditioning.
More recently, the Defender was treated to several choice updates, improving both passenger comfort and curb appeal. Inside, occupants are met by Exmoor heated front bucket seats, an updated stereo with Sirius satellite radio compatibility, full safari roll cage, and a Rovers North convertible soft top with zip-out windows.
The body has been equipped with a front brush guard, twin Hella driving lights, step rails along its flanks, rear lamp guards, and lower body diamond plating in black. Under the hood, a 3.9-liter V-8 engine is mated to an automatic transmission powering a full-time four-wheel drive system with high and low ranges. Updated five-spoke alloy wheels shod in BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires round out the upgrades and give the Rover a proper stance.
Tastefully enhanced, and presented in striking colors, this Land Rover Defender is sure to conquer any terrain in both style and comfort.