- One of fewer than 3,500 produced from 1958 through 1962
- Benefits from a recent restoration, plus nearly $5,000 in additional service including a clutch assembly replacement, clutch master and slave cylinder rebuilds, and brake cylinder rebuild, performed by Alfa Performance Connection of Orange, California in August 2022
- Originally finished in Grigio Grafite
- Powered by a 2.0-liter, inline-four-cylinder engine
- Documented with an Alfa Romeo certificate of origin copy
Introduced in 1958, the 102 Series 2000 succeeded the celebrated 1900 in Alfa Romeo’s model line. The 2000 was available in three body styles, including the short-wheelbase Spider. The manufacturer’s highly developed 2.0-liter, inline, four-cylinder engine provided spritely performance. Carrozzeria Touring of Milan designed the open coachwork, adorning it with such details such as twin hood scoops, a split front bumper, and four non-functional, chromed vents behind each front wheel.
Production lasted through 1962. With fewer than 3,500 examples built, the endearing 2000 Spider remains one of the rarer postwar Alfa Romeos, making it all the more desirable and collectible today.
Acquired by the current owner in Texas in early 2018, the example offered here completed production on 15 December 1960. It benefits from a recent restoration, which is said to have included repainting it, recommissioning the chrome and gauges, installing a new leather interior with new carpets and trunk mats, and replacing the top, along with most seals and other serviceable items. In addition, the engine, engine bay, and undercarriage were thoroughly detailed. Further work was performed by Alfa Performance Connection of Orange, California in August 2022; as an invoice on file indicates, service totaling nearly $5,000 included a clutch assembly replacement, clutch master and slave cylinder rebuild, brake cylinder rebuild, and more.
Professionally refinished to a high standard in a stunning color combination and documented with a copy of an Alfa Romeo certificate of origin, this restored 2000 Spider represents a great opportunity for the Alfa Romeo enthusiast to own one of the marque’s least-common standard-production post-war convertibles.