- One of just 312 B20 2.5-litres built for the 1958 model year
- Complete with 1996 FIVA ID card; previously registered with ASI
The Vittorio Jano-designed Lancia Aurelia was a truly revolutionary design, combining high levels of performance luxury into one attractive and compact package. First offered in 1950 in B10 Berlina guise and joined by the B20 GT two-passenger coupé in 1951, the Aurelia created an immediate sensation.
The brainchild of Lancia engineer Francesco de Virgilio, the Aurelia is also considered the first production automobile to utilise V-6 power. A rear transaxle, a four-wheel independent suspension and radial-ply tyres, a very sporting specification in its day, rounded out the mechanical specification. The sleek B20 GT Coupé debuted in 1951, and that year placed 2nd in the Mille Miglia and secured a class victory at Le Mans. A podium sweep in the 1952 Targa Florio was followed by victory in the 1953 Liège-Rome-Liège Rally in 1953, handily securing the Aurelia’s status as a 1950s sporting great.
By 1958, the Lancia Aurelia B20 GT coupé was equipped with a solid 2.5-litre engine, as compared to the 1.8 litre that Jano had originally designed. Offered here, this B20 GT is one of these desirable Series 5, and has proven its worth in many historical events.
This B20 GT Coupé is the perfect companion for a driver who wishes to enjoy the pleasures of one of the world’s first gran turismo cars.