1939 Lincoln-Zephyr Three-Window Coupe Custom
Sold For $44,000Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- A custom interpretation of one of the great streamline automobiles
- Fiberglass custom body with suicide doors and authentic 1941 Zephyr grilles
- Offered with both a removable hardtop and padded Carson top
- Custom chassis by Superior; 4.6 DOHC Cobra V-8 with fuel injection and automatic transmission
- Fitted with leather Lincoln Mark VII interior
Jim Popp had an appreciation for virtually all generations of Lincoln, reflected in the wide variety housed within his Shrine of the Holy Grille. He could even appreciate a well-crafted custom honoring the beautiful lines of the classic 1939 Zephyr three-window coupe, as shown here. The Shrine’s coupe features a custom fiberglass body, with suicide doors and authentic 1941 Zephyr grille panels, mounted on a custom Superior chassis and motivated by a 4.6 DOHC Cobra V-8 with fuel-injection and automatic transmission. Within is a comfortable interior taken directly from a Lincoln Mark VII. The result is a showcase of several generations of Ford styling and engineering, in a drivable modern platform – and one of the most exciting vehicles at the cruise-in, to boot.
Please note that this vehicle is being sold with title in transit.