1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV
Sold For $31,350Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille - Offered on Friday
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Only 906 actual miles; among the lowest-mileage surviving examples
- Pristine, all-original example in “new” condition
- Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Senior First Prize winner
- Acquired from the famous Imperial Palace Auto Collections
- Yellow with Dark Brown roof over Light Gray Gold interior
- 212-hp, 460-cu. in. OHV V-8 and three-speed C6 automatic transmission
- First and most collectible year of the Mark IV, with the best bumper design
- Accompanied by spare original-type battery in the original box
Nineteen seventy-two was the first year of the Continental Mark IV, and the only year with the attractive chrome bumpers, which grew increasingly larger in coming years to meet U.S. safety regulations. The example offered here has been fortunate to have been a collector’s item since the first day of its life. It remains in completely original and “new” condition, pristine from tip to tail, with just 906 actual miles. In fact, it is believed to be one of the lowest-mileage and most original Mark IVs remaining in existence. This is the ideal choice for any enthusiast looking to complete a collection of Continentals, or simply for anyone who appreciates factory-fresh excellence.