1960 Edsel Ranger Two-Door Sedan
Sold For $23,100Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- First winner of the Ford Motor Company Trophy at the Edsel National Meet, 1997
- Fully restored in the original color scheme, Turquoise Metallic and Polar White
- Equipped with power steering and power brakes
- 145-hp, 223-cu. in. Economy 6 OHV inline six-cylinder engine and three-speed manual transmission
- One of only 777 examples built
The Shrine of the Holy Grille stands as testament to one man’s abiding passion for Edsel automobiles. In few cars from the collection is that passion more evident than this humble Ranger two-door sedan, with the 145 hp Economy 6 and three-speed manual transmission, a common man’s Edsel that many less devoted collectors might overlook. Not so in this case; the car received a painstaking full restoration in its original color scheme, Turquoise Metallic and Polar White with a corresponding cloth interior. The result is stunning and, in fact, was the very first winner of the Ford Motor Company Trophy, when it was initiated at the Edsel National Meet of 1997. It is a superb automobile in every regard.
Please note vehicle is being sold with title in transit.