1927 Lincoln Model L Coupe Roadster by Dietrich
Sold For $50,000Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The James and Margaret Beale Collection
- Offered from the James and Margaret Beale Collection
- Single, continuous ownership by the Beales since 1959
- One of 13 known 1927 models with this striking Dietrich body
- Lovely enthusiast restoration in its striking original color scheme
- Well preserved with recent detailing; runs well
- Driven, shown, and loved for six decades; wonderful history
- Classic Car Club of America (CCCA) Full Classic
James and Margaret Beale acquired their Lincoln, one of 580 produced in this very sporting body style in 1927 and one of 13 known survivors, in 1959, and have now owned it for nearly six decades. It was restored by Mr. Beale in the early 1960s and driven on numerous Antique and Classic Car Club of Canada (“A-Four-Cs”) and CCCA events throughout North America, as well as at the Lincoln 50th Anniversary celebrations at the Walkerville Ford plant in 1970. More recently the Beales gave the car a fresh restoration, again with their family performing much of the work, and with the body finished back to its original color scheme. The work is done to a fine standard, with recent cosmetic detailing, and the car has very few miles since completion of the restoration; it is described as running well and would be a pleasure for a new owner to enjoy.