Auburn Fall | Lot 5100
1979 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
$45,100 USD | Sold
| Auburn, Indiana
5 September 2015
- Virtually brand new with just 177 miles!
- 1,585-cc overhead valve flat four-cylinder air-cooled engine
- Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection
- Four-speed manual gearbox
- Black interior with woodgrain dash
- Unmarked white cloth convertible top
- 'Sport' style 15-inch steel wheels
- AM-FM radio
- Final year of U.S. convertible imports
The Super Beetle Convertible combined fun with the practicality of the original Beetle. By 1979, it became one of the last open cars on the U.S. market as anticipated Federal regulations strangled convertible production. 1979 marked the final year of Beetle Convertible imports into the United States adding to the rarity and desirability of this virtually unused example.
Essentially brand new, this 1979 Beetle Convertible is a truly rare car with only 177 miles since it left the factory. With features ranging from AM-FM radio to fuel-injection, white stripe tires, and electric clock, this car presents brilliantly with stunning red paint and a perfect black vinyl interior with woodgrain trim. With the rising values of VW Beetles, THIS is the car to have for the discriminating collector.