The Bugatti Type 35 has gone down in history as the winningest racing automobile of all time, by number of victories. It won over 1,000 races between 1924 and 1931, including winning the Targa Florio five consecutive years and winning the World Championship in 1926, recording 351 victories and 47 records in 24 months. At its height, the Type 35 averaged 14 racing wins per month, a dominance that no racing car has enjoyed before or since. Naturally, these enthralling automobiles are today among the most collectible racing machines of their era, beloved by enthusiasts for the evocative driving experience that they offer. Their silhouette is among the most instantly recognizable in vintage sports cars.
Bugatti 35 GP by François Chevalier, 2016
Sold For $66,700Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
- Affixed with a brass plate incised with the title Bugatti 35 GP, artist’s name François Chevalier, date 2016, and number 2/8
- Patinated bronze
- 50 × 156 × 60 in. (127 × 396 × 152 cm)
- Weight: approx. 750 lbs. (340 kg.)
- Conceived in 2013 and cast in 2016, this work is number 2 from an edition of 8
- Cast by Bonvicini, Caselle di Sommacampagna (Verona) Italy
Capturing the experience of driving a Bugatti is this timeless brass sculpture.