1960 Edsel Ranger Hardtop Coupe
Sold For $47,300Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- One of 295 examples produced of this desirable, beautiful body style
- 195-hp, 292-cu. in. Ranger OHV V-8 and two-speed Mile-O-Matic transmission
- Older restoration in original Turquoise color scheme
- Power steering and very rare factory air conditioning
Few of the 1960 Edsels were more beautiful than the hardtop coupe, which was distinguished by a dramatic, sloping roofline with very narrow windshield pillows; indeed, the roofline appears to be virtually floating above the car, giving the Ranger a sporty and almost dreamy appearance. As with all 1960 models, these were extraordinarily rare immediately, off the dealer floor; just 295 hardtop coupes were made. The Shrine of the Holy Grille’s example wears an older restoration in Turquoise with a correct Silver vinyl and Black “pebble grain” cloth interior, and has the 195-hp Ranger 292 V-8, power steering, rear fender skirts, and very rare factory air conditioning. It is undoubtedly among the most beautiful idols of the Shrine.