1986 Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet
$45,000 - $55,000
- One of 449 US-market examples produced
- Nero over tan Connelly leather, black convertible top
- Delivered new to Hollywood Sport Cars of Hollywood, California
- 230 hp, transverse 3.2-liter, 32-valve DOHC V-8 engine; five-speed manual gearbox
- 2018 Concorso Ferrari-Palm Beach award winner
- Recent fuel pump, steering rack, and timing belt service
- Received a new top and reupholstered interior
- Now showing just 27,300 miles
In 1983, the cabriolet joined Ferrari’s eight-cylinder Mondial lineup—their first true convertible since the Daytona spider. At the time it was considered a marvel of engineering—Maranello engineers had managed to fit a convertible top, 2+2 seating, and mid-engine drivetrain all within the compact 104-inch wheelbase. In 1985, the Mondial received a host of updates, namely a bump in displacement from 2.9-liters up to 3.2-liters, as well as a newly configured Marelli Multiplex electronic injection system. As a result, the revised Mondial series pushed an improved 230 hp out its transverse-mounted four-cam ‘Quattrovalve’ V-8 powerplant.
This 1986 Mondial 3.2 cabriolet is a well-cared for example which presents nicely in Nero over a recently reupholstered tan Connelly leather interior. The black convertible top has also been recently overhauled. Extensive service records dating back to 1989 accompany the car, weaving a meticulous testimony of the car’s condition over the past 31 years. Recent services conducted within the last 1,000 miles at Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale and Rosso Corsa Service of Jupiter, Florida detail an overhaul of the steering rack, fuel pump, timing belt and clutch, among other line items.
This beautiful Mondial is now offered for sale accompanied by extensive service records, two keys, a spare wheel, tool roll, owner’s manuals, maintenance booklet, warranty card, jack, Concorso Ferrari award, and other assorted spare factory components, including a leather convertible boot and tonneau cover.