$428,500 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- The Type 997 incarnation of Porsche’s legendary Speedster lineage
- Purchased new by the White Collection; showing just 275 miles at time of cataloguing
- The 115th of 356 examples produced
- Powered by a 3.8-liter flat six-cylinder engine factory-rated at 408 horsepower
- Clad in Carrara White over Carrara White and Black leather trim
- Documented by its Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, original window sticker, and factory order forms
When Porsche introduced a Speedster variant of the 997-generation 911 at the 2010 Paris Motor Show, it was, true to its heritage, an instant classic. This example is the 115th of just 356 such Speedsters built and was completed at Zuffenhausen on 21 March 2011 for delivery to Porsche of North Houston in Houston, Texas.
Ordered new by the White Collection, the car is, fittingly, finished in Carrara White over a black and Carrara White leather trim with the Speedster’s signature checkered-flag motif sewn into its leather seats. The original window sticker lists a fire extinguisher and XM Satellite radio capability as options, contributing to a final MSRP of $205,840.
Along with its window sticker, Speedster number 115 is accompanied by an extensive assortment of important documents including original order forms and agreements, bill of sale, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, marketing literature, and ownership manuals. During its time in the White Collection, 115 has been started and run to operating temperature on a monthly basis, though it has seen limited road use; at the time of cataloguing, it showed just 275 miles.
Widely considered to be the ultimate open-top incarnation of the 997-generation lineup, the Speedster combines stunning good looks, exemplary performance, and rarity into an ultimately collectable package. Presented in virtually as-new condition throughout, this example would sit beautifully alongside any of its speedster siblings—old and new—as a celebration of Porsche’s rich heritage.