$417,500 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- The most powerful, fastest roadgoing 911 version ever sold to the public to that point in the iconic model’s production history
- One of only 195 US-market examples reportedly produced for the model year
- Finished in Carrara White over black leather with custom-ordered Guards Red deviated stitching and carbon accents
- Delivered new to Porsche Albuquerque; original total price new of $216,190
- Indicates just 2,868 miles at time of cataloguing, and presents with an outstanding degree of preservation throughout
- Tastefully configured with $13,670 of optional equipment from Porsche Exclusive, including Guards Red wheels, interior carbon package, Sport Chrono package, Bose sound system, carbon steering wheel and switch panel, parking assist, and PCM navigation module
More than a few Porsche executives watched with bated breath as the 523-horsepower 911 GT2 began its trickle into dealerships during November 2007—one of the worst moments in modern economic history to have released a $200,000 supercar. And yet, well-heeled marque enthusiasts fought each other for the chance to own and drive one of these astounding machines.
A very small number of especially hardcore Porsche cognoscenti—such as the original owner of this pristine example presented today from the carefully curated halls of the White Collection—even went so far as to order a GT2 exactly to their discerning specifications.
In its preceding 43 years of availability, Porsche’s iconic 911 model had never been packed with such outrageous performance potential, and cutting-edge technology, as that which carried the 997.1 GT2 onward to its outrageous top speed of 204 mph. Upon release, it was the most powerful and fastest roadgoing 911 the company had ever dared to sell to the public.
Finished in Carrara White (LB9A) over an interior draped in black leather upholstery that has been masterfully accented with custom Guards Red deviated stitching and generous carbon fiber trim, this outstanding GT2 is a distinct embodiment of Porsche Exclusive’s world-famous capabilities. It further benefits from a tastefully configured selection of exclusive options totaling more than $13,000, which includes the carbon package, Sport Chrono package, Bose surround sound system, carbon fiber steering wheel with matching switch panel, parking assist system, and PCM navigation module. The car’s final touch of aesthetic brilliance is supplied by its wonderful set of Guards Red-painted wheels and matching Guards Red gauge suite. These vibrant details provide an ample, and pleasing, visual contrast to a number of interior elements which have been finished, per custom request, in Carrara White.
Following delivery on 12 August 2008 to Porsche of Albuquerque, New Mexico, this GT2 was subsequently registered by its first owner in Colorado and remained with them until January 2010. Following several interceding years of fastidious ownership by a Pennsylvania-based Porsche collector, the car was purchased by the White Collection in March 2015.
This beautiful GT2 remains exceptionally presentable, with a high degree of originality and preservation throughout. As offered today, the car shows a scant 2,868 documented miles at time of cataloguing. Since entering the White Collection, it has been started and run to operating temperature monthly.
Though it possesses the iconic 911 silhouette, there can be no doubt that the 997.1-generation 911 GT2 has always been a highly refined, incredibly competent supercar, with outrageous performance credentials and exclusivity to match. This well-preserved example from the White Collection is sure to provide its next owner with untold thrills—on the racetrack or the road—should they possess the skill required to enjoy this machine near its limit.