$357,000 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- Superb illustration of Porsche’s “instant classic” for 1989; one of just 2,056 examples produced
- Equipped with its numbers-matching engine and gearbox; showing just 605 miles at time of cataloguing
- Clad in its factory-original finish of Grand Prix White over black, red, and white deviating leather interior
- Accompanied by an original bill of sale, owner’s manual, warranty and maintenance book, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, factory tool roll, jack, and services invoices dating from new
- Among the most extensively optioned Speedsters, notably featuring heated, full power front seats, cruise control, air conditioning, and Porsche AM/FM radio with CD player, amplifier, and center console storage unit
Certainly ranking among the most exclusive of these already-scarce models, the 1989 911 Speedster presented here was completed in Stuttgart 2 June 1989 cloaked, as it is today, in Grand Prix White over a unique, deviating leather interior of red, black, and white. Its list of factory options is extensive, namely: heated, full power front seats trimmed in supple leather, a shortened gear shift lever, steering wheel with raised hub, Grand Prix White Fuchs wheels, cruise control, air conditioning, headlight washers, and an exceptionally rare Porsche AM/FM radio with CD player and amplifier. In conjunction with the AM/FM CD radio, enthusiasts will note a rarely seen center console housing the air conditioning and alarm system controls as well as CD storage unit.
Following its arrival in California, the Speedster was purchased on 20 July 1989 by an enthusiast in Shell Beach, California via Gregg Motors of Santa Barbara, California. Original order invoices show he special-ordered a CD storage unit, floor mats, leather sideview mirror covers, and color-matched front spoiler from Gregg Motors in the weeks following his purchase.
Acquired by the White Collection in 2011, the car was treated to a range of maintenance items including fitment of a new soft top, service to the air conditioning system, and replacement of hardware, gaskets, scuff plates, gas struts, and perishable rubber items where needed. Now presented showing just 605 miles at time of cataloguing, this Speedster is offered with its original bill of sale, service invoices dating to 1989, full collection of owner’s manuals, original warranty and service book, as well as a tool roll with air pump, jack, and lug wrench. During its time in the White Collection, the car has been started and run to operating temperature on a monthly basis.
Sporting a host of unique options and accessories, this remarkable 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster presents a truly unrepeatable opportunity for any serious collector.