$128,800 USD | Sold
| Houston, Texas
- Superbly preserved, factory Martini-striped 911 SC; driven 23,182 miles at cataloguing
- Equipped with its numbers-matching engine and gearbox
- Clad in its factory-original exterior finish of Grand Prix White over red leather trim
- Accompanied by a copy of its original window sticker, warranty and maintenance book, owner’s manual, as well as factory tools, jack, and lug wrench
- Notably optioned with factory Martini stripes, leather interior, 16-inch forged alloy wheels, automatic speed control, fog lights, and a Porsche AM/FM Cassette radio
Built to honor one of Porsche’s most successful motor racing campaigns, a year when Porsches clad in the famous stripes of sponsor Martini & Rossi claimed both the World Championship for Manufacturers and World Sportscar Championship, the first Martini Championship Edition 911 debuted as a concept at the 1976 London Motor Show. So popular were Martini’s red and blue graphics, Porsche was all but forced to offer the aesthetic package as an option on its production cars. Garish to some, yet craved by others, a cherished few 911s were ultimately factory-equipped with the appearance package.
As evidenced by a copy of its original window sticker on file, this factory Martini Championship Edition 911 SC was delivered to its first owner via Don McGill Porsche Audi of Houston, Texas on 1 July 1978. Other important options include genuine leather upholstery, 16-inch forged alloy wheels, white fog lights, black headliner, leather sport steering wheel, automatic speed control, and Porsche Cassette Radio with manually operated antenna.
While little is known of its early history, the car was undoubtedly blessed with a pampered existence as evidenced by its odometer reading of 23,182 miles at the time of cataloguing. As a result, its factory-original exterior and interior have been preserved to the present. In addition to its window sticker, this 911 SC is accompanied by a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, original warranty and maintenance book, owner’s manual, factory tools, jack, and lug wrench, and service invoices dating back over 20 years. Since being acquired by the White Collection, the car has been started and run to operating temperature on a monthly basis.
Among the most successful racing partnerships in motorsport, Martini & Rossi-clad Porsches have counted numerous podium finishes across their illustrious career. Now offered in a highly preserved state, this factory-striped Martini Championship Edition 911 SC will serve as an excellent complement to any racing or marque-focused collection.