1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 'Supercharged'
Sold For $104,500Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - FORT LAUDERDALE 29 - 30 MARCH 2019 - Offered on Saturday
- Highly desirable 289 cu. in. supercharged V-8 engine; automatic transmission
- Features a one-off Targa Roof as shown in the original Raymond Loewy designs that were never put into production
- Sold new through Lloyd Pearson Studebaker - Mercedes-Benz - Volvo in Pasadena, CA to E.M. Pierce of Pasadena, CA on 12/21/63
- Purchased from Pierce’s estate by John Rutledge of Santa Ana, CA on 9/14/78
- Subsequently sold to Robert Hickman of Thousand Oaks, CA in 1996
- Copy of original window sticker, bill of sale, books and original manuals
- Factory air conditioning unit added to the car in the early 2000s
- Repainted in 2018; retains original interior
- Electric washer; power steering and brakes
- Three long-term owners from new
Please note that the title is in transit.