1937 Railton Straight 8 Sportsman's Coupe by Ranalah
$50,000 - $75,000Offered Without Reserve
RM | Sotheby's - THE ELKHART COLLECTION 23 - 24 OCTOBER 2020 - Offered on Saturday
- Powered by a Hudson “Power Dome” straight-eight
- Three-speed manual transmission
- Ordered new by Bruno Benkert with numerous options
- Fitted with rear seats for a European family trip in 1949
- Enjoyed by several UK owners until brought to the USA in 1968
- Formerly owned by prominent Hudson and Railton collector Peter Booz
- Joined the Hostetler collection in September 2013, where it remained until 2018
- Believed to be one of 1,379 Railton 8s produced
- One of four Ranalah Sportsman's coupes remaining
- Offered as a unique and interesting restoration project
LOOKING FOR DOCUMENTATION AND INVENTORY?
LOG IN or Create an Account for further information such as history files, production certificates, restoration documentation, service invoices, owners' manuals, and accompanying parts, please click the button below to view any additional documentation and parts included with this lot.