Arizona | Lot 264
1959 Jaguar XK 150 S 3.4 Drophead Coupe
$168,000 USD | Sold
| Phoenix, Arizona
19 January 2018
- One of 68 left-hand-drive XK 150 S drophead coupes built
- Excellent restoration by noted marque specialists
- Numbers-matching engine block and cylinder head
- Offered with tools, manual, and JDHT Certificate
One of just 68 factory S-specification drophead coupes delivered in the desirable left-hand-drive configuration, this car was completed on 26 January 1959 and delivered by Jaguar Cars of New York to the original owner in February. According to former owners, it wound up in California almost immediately, and remained a low-mileage example for many years before being sold to an owner in Oregon. It was later acquired by James Kakuska of J&K Restorations, who have been restoring XK Jaguars for over 30 years. They performed a no-expense-spared restoration to show condition, which was completed in 2010.
Virtually every component of the car was refinished during the restoration. The matching-numbers engine (block and cylinder head) was rebuilt and balanced by Auto Machine, who have been providing engines to J&K for some 30 years. The transmission, overdrive unit, and differential are original to the car, and have also been rebuilt; the differential was reassembled with new clutch discs. Included with the car are the tools, manual, matching wire wheel spare, an extra and extremely beautiful wood and aluminum steering wheel, and the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a genuine and fully restored XK 150 S drophead coupe with a matching-numbers 3.4-liter engine, in its original colors, and with factory overdrive. With just 68 cars built in this configuration, it is an excellent example of one of the rarest and most defined variants of the Jaguar XK line.