Please ensure that you have read and understood these terms and conditions prior to bidding at this or any other RM Auctions, Ltd. sale, "RMA".
1. ALL BIDS ARE FINAL AT AUCTION. At auction there is no “cooling off period”. If you are awarded the final bid, ownership changes hands at the drop of the gavel. You own the merchandise and are responsible for payment in full. No bidder may retract a bid made during the sale for any reason.
2. Payment is due in full on or before 5:00pm of the next business day following the auction. All payments must be in the form of wire transfers unless other arrangements have been approved in advance by RM Auctions Finance Department. Should a bidder default on payment in any manner whatsoever, without limiting any recourse RMA may have, bidder agrees to pay RMA all lost auction fees (which is the maximum published rates for (1) the seller’s commission, (2) the buyer’s premium, and (3) the entry), this amount is due and payable without relief. Bidder will also be liable to seller for its damages. Bidder hereby authorizes RMA to charge this amount to bidder’s credit card provided. Bidder agrees not to dispute this charge with the credit card company at any time. Bidder agrees to also pay RMA’s costs of collection, including attorneys’ fees and costs.
3. All sales are “as is” and “where is”. Bidder is responsible for inspections and verification of condition, authenticity, and completeness of any vehicle purchased. No warranties or representations of any type whatsoever are made by RM Auctions, Ltd. Statements printed in catalogs, brochures, signs, window cards, and verbal statements made by auctioneers or auction staff are representations made by the Consignor and RMA has no obligation to verify or authenticate any such claims or representations. Any announcements made at time of sale supersede any earlier printed information. Except as herein provided, all vehicles are sold as is, where is, with no representations or warranties, expressed or implied CONSIGNOR AND RM AUCTIONS, LTD. DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AS TO CONDITION, ORIGINALITY, OR AUTHENTICITY, ORIGIN OR PROVENANCE, PREVIOUS USE OR OWNERSHIP, MANUFACTURING OR RESTORATION PROCESSES, YEAR OR AGE, SERIAL NUMBER, MAKE, MODEL, OPTIONS, TOOLS, OR MILEAGE OF ANY VEHICLE OR COMPONENT OF ANY VEHICLE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. Bidder is responsible for all risk of loss or damage immediately upon purchase of the vehicle or item, which occurs at the time of sale when bidder is declared by the auctioneer to have the successful bid.
5. Following the auction, all lots will remain onsite until payment has been received in full by RM Auctions Ltd. Day-to-day storage fees will be waived until Tuesday, 14th August 2012, after which point buyers will be charged €15 + VAT per lot, per day, until payment has been received and shipping arrangements have been made.
6. Final bid price does not include buyer’s premium or VAT on each lot purchased.
7. Buyer's premiums are as follows. A twelve percent plus VAT (12% + VAT) commission will be added to the final bid of each motor car lot purchased. A seventeen percent + VAT (17% + VAT) commission will be added to the final bid of any other lot purchased, including motorcycles and memorabilia.
8. Vehicles not marked as “no reserve” (or similar) are subject to a reserve bid set by the Consignor. When a vehicle is sold subject to such a reserve bid the auctioneer may bid on the Consignor’s behalf in an amount not to exceed the amount of the reserve bid.
9. In the event either party brings action against the other arising from or relating to this bid card or any auction held in connection with, the prevailing party, as determined by the court, shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. The law of the country in which the auction is held shall govern the provisions of this bid card. Jurisdiction for any action brought shall lie exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in the judicial district in which the auction is located.
10. Absentee and telephone bidding are services provided by RM Auctions for your benefit and RM Auctions cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions with respect to the bidding process, including failure to execute any bid. By submitting these bids, you have entered into a binding contract to purchase each lot if your bid is successful. If your bid is successful, you are to pay the purchase price, including the buyer’s premium and VAT. By participating in telephone bidding, you acknowledge RM Auctions has the right to record all telephone calls.
11. Any and all terms of sale posted on the auction premises, printed in sale brochures or forms, posted on this website, publicly announced, or otherwise published are incorporated herein by reference. It is the bidder’s responsibility to familiarize themselves with these terms.
12. You are responsible for all bids made with this bidder number, whether or not made by you and whether or not authorized by you. If your bidder card is lost or stolen, immediately report to RMA as all bids made with this bidder number will be your responsibility.