1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series Coupe
Sold For $34,650Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille - Offered on Friday
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Mint original, “as-new” example with 34 actual miles
- Among the lowest-mileage Mark VIs in existence
- Medium Fawn Metallic, with factory power moonroof and 8-track player
- Original window sticker, owner’s manuals, dealer option books, and 8-track manual
- 129-hp, 302-cu. in. OHV V-8 and four-speed automatic transmission
Responding to increasingly stringent Federal fuel economy standards, the Mark VI was the first Lincoln “Mark” to have smaller dimensions than its predecessor. Sharing its powertrain and many body panels with the Lincoln Continental, it was produced in both two-door and four-door versions, with ornate styling that included vacuum-operated concealed headlights, oval opera windows, a “Continental” trunk lid, and such ahead-of-their time features as keyless entry, digital instrumentation, and a trip computer. The example offered here, from The Shrine of the Holy Grille, may well be the most original and best-preserved example in the world. Never driven on the street, it has 34 actual miles and is in “new” condition, just as it was delivered by Orrin Motors of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. It is offered with the original window sticker, owner’s manuals, dealer option books, and the manual for the 8-track tape player!