2008 Edsel 50th Anniversary Tribute
Sold For $9,900Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 30 AUGUST - 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 - The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- Offered from The Shrine of the Holy Grille
- One of just two examples built to celebrate the Edsel’s Golden Anniversary
- Based upon a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria
- Custom paint, interior, and trim, including a front end restyled with the signature Edsel grille
- 210-hp, 4.6-liter Police Interceptor SOHC V-8 and four-speed automatic transmission
- About 20,000 actual miles
- The ultimate conversation piece for the true Edsel fanatic
Edsel enthusiast Rob Cerame celebrated his favorite car’s 50th Anniversary by envisioning what would have become of the marque had it survived all these years. Cerame produced two 50th Anniversary Edsels, based on new Ford Crown Victorias. As Edsel.com notes, “For accuracy, Rob changed only the same things that are different between a Crown Victoria and a Grand Marquis, as these items would be the things that separated Edsel from Ford/Mercury.” The car was given a customized Edsel grille and 1958-style taillights, as well as additional Edsel-inspired trim both inside and out, including correct Edsel cloth door panels and seat inserts, and Edsel insignias on the wheel covers. It was natural that one of these cars would find its way into The Shrine of the Holy Grille, where it is well preserved with 20,000 actual miles.