- Offered from the Calumet Collection
- One of two known 1959 Edsel retractable hardtops
- A one-off custom vision of “what might have been”
- Beautifully and carefully constructed to factory standards
- Fully functional retractable hardtop
- 303-hp, 361-cu. in. Super Express OHV V-8 and DualDrive automatic transmission
A unique vision of what could have been, this car was built as a 1959 Edsel version of Ford’s famous Skyliner retractable hardtop. Based upon a Fairlane 500 Galaxie’s structure, it was extensively rebuilt to a highly professional, factory-correct standard, with the rear of the body reshaped to accommodate Edsel taillights, tailfins, “continental kit,” and trim hardware, and the interior finished in correct 1959 Edsel trim and hardware, including the full Edsel dashboard and factory air conditioning. Extensive hand-workmanship was used throughout to blend all of the components together, resulting in a car that looks as if it could have been done by the factory, with superb fit and finish. Under the hood can be found a 303-hp, 361-cu. in. Super Express V-8 and DualDrive automatic transmission, the most desirable powertrain combination in any 1959 Edsel. Thanks to the excellent maintenance during its time in the Calumet Collection, the car runs and drives well, and the retractable hardtop has been serviced to function as new.