1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
Sold For $46,200Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
RM | Auctions - AUBURN FALL 2018 - The Calumet Collection
- Offered from the Calumet Collection
- One of just 3,676 examples produced; beautiful overall condition
- 300-hp, 368-cu. in. V-8 and Turbo-Drive automatic transmission
- Gainsborough Blue with Blue and Cream leather upholstery
- Power top with automatic locking feature, windows, steering, and brakes
- 34,741 miles recorded at the time of cataloguing
Following a total redesign for 1956, Lincoln simply dressed up its 1957 models with new tailfins (the first true “fins” for Lincoln), upright dual headlights, and additional chrome trim. The V-8 under the hood was redesigned, with compression boosted to 10.0:1, raising horsepower to an even 300, and Turbo-Drive automatic transmission became standard equipment. Nonetheless, sales fell, but that means that today these cars, especially the top-of-the-line Premiere convertible, are wonderfully rare. Beautifully restored and maintained, this award-winning example is finished in Gainsborough Blue with Blue and Cream leather upholstery, with all of the correct power accessories typical to these luxurious models, including the first-year self-locking convertible top, and is described as running and driving very well.