Open Roads, August | Lot 105
1995 Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione II 'Edizione Finale'
CHF95,000 - CHF175,000
| Thörishaus-Bern, Switzerland
28 July - 4 August 2021
- Rare and highly coveted final edition of the road-going version of one of the most successful rally cars in history
- One of only 250 produced and exported to Japan, a handful of which are believed to have been re-imported to Europe
- Showing less than 35,500 kilometres on the odometer at time of cataloguing
- Unique final edition livery of Bordeaux Red with yellow and blue stripes
- Upgraded engine management for claimed output of 250 brake horsepower, front and rear Eibach springs, and an OMP strut brace are unique to final edition models
The Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione II Edizione Finale is the culmination of one of the most successful rally cars in history. In racing form, the Delta won an unprecedented six consecutive World Rally Championships, from 1987 to 1992. Little separates production versions of the Lancia Delta HF from their racing counterparts. To remain competitive, the Delta HF benefited from numerous incremental upgrades over its lifespan.
The so called “Edizione Finale,” or final edition of the Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione II, is said to have emerged because of requests from a vocal contingent of Japanese enthusiasts. Limited to 250 units, the Edizione Finale is distinguished from other Delta HF Integrale models by its livery of Bordeaux Red with yellow and blue stripes. Attributes unique to the final edition include front and rear Eibach springs, an OMP strut brace, and upgraded engine management that increased output from the turbocharged four-cylinder engine to a claimed 250 brake horsepower. Other features include 16-inch Speedline wheels finished in Anthracite, push-button start, carbon-fibre trim details, aluminium OMP pedals and passenger footrest, Recaro seats, a Momo steering wheel, and an “Edizione Finale” identification plate next to the gear lever.
This example was acquired by the current owner on 1 February 2019 from Syncro Car France. Syncro acquired it in July 2014 from an Italian owner who had the car since September 2009. The current owner imported this vehicle into Switzerland on 25 February 2019.
With just less than 35,500 kilometres showing on the odometer at the time of cataloguing, the interior remains well-preserved with correct Recaro seats and Momo steering wheel. An aftermarket Pioneer stereo with CD player, Bluetooth and Digital Audio Broadcast has been installed. The car is accompanied by previous Italian titles, and numerous invoices totalling more than 28,000 CHF.