1964 Amphicar 770
Still For Sale
Lot Location: Columbia Station, Ohio
Price Upon Request
RM | Online Only - OPEN ROADS, FEBRUARY 19 - 28 FEBRUARY 2021
North American Offering
Documents: US Title
- An excellent, restored example of the most successful civilian amphibian
- Devised by German industrial designer Hans Trippel
- One of 3,878 built in West Germany, of which 3,046 were sold in the United States
- 1,147-cc Triumph inline-four; four-speed manual transmission
- Dual rear propellers provide a top speed of approximately 7 mph on water
- White over a red and white interior; black convertible top
- Restored to a high standard, with a solid and largely rust-free car as a starting point
- Displays just 3 miles since restoration at time of cataloguing
- Never used in water following the completion of work in late 2020
- Accompanied by invoices and receipts totaling over $64,000 USD, as well as a hood/trunk key, two life vests, paddle, literature, and reproduction owner's manual
- Equipped with appropriate navigation lights for marine use!
LOOKING FOR DOCUMENTATION AND INVENTORY?
LOG IN or Create an Account for further information such as history files, production certificates, restoration documentation, service invoices, owners' manuals, and accompanying parts, please click the button below to view any additional documentation and parts included with this lot.