- Offered from the noted collection of Mr. Jim Bradley
- Known to have originally been owned by the famed Pratt family of Pratt & Whitney
- One of 11 examples believed extant; one of just three with limousine coachwork
- A remarkable example of the first Junior Packard
Chassis no. 9353 displays in remarkably original condition, the result of careful attention by just five conservators over its lifetime. This Packard was reportedly originally purchased by the Pratt family, founders of the legendary American aero engine company Pratt & Whitney. In 1940 the Model 18 was sold to family friend George Waterman of Providence, Rhode Island, and he retained possession for 15 years before selling the Packard circa 1955 to Leonard Davis of Pontiac, Michigan.
Mr. Davis conducted a sympathetic restoration that included the current finish in Brewster Green over ivory wheels. Around 1958 the Packard passed to Paul and Katherine Hedburn of Woolridge, Illinois, and they exhibited the car at the Greenfield Village Old Car Festival (organized by the Henry Ford museum) in 1958 and 1960, ultimately keeping the rare limousine for almost six decades before selling it to Jim Bradley in October 2015.
Bidders should note that while the Packard starts and runs well and was recently serviced by RM Auto Restoration, the car may require additional service before it can be reliably driven on longer touring events.
Though 802 examples of the Model 18 were built, marque experts believe that just 11 examples remain extant today, of which only three were bodied as limousines. Chassis no. 9353 is the earliest of these survivors, offering an extremely authentic example that retains its original upholstery, side curtains, beveled glass, tool kit, and the definitive Packard-scripted brass lamps.