The Charlie Thomas Collection | Lot 101
1925 Dodge Model B Four-Door Sedan
$9,900 USD | Sold
| Grapevine, Texas
20 October 2012
35 bhp, 212 cu. in. L-head inline four-cylinder engine, three-speed manual transmission, solid front axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs and live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and two-wheel mechanical rear drum brakes. Wheelbase: 116 in.
In 1914, two brothers started their own auto company, which they aptly named the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company. John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge had early beginnings in the bicycle and machine business and strong ties to Henry Ford, for whom they produced engines. The new Dodge cars and trucks were a commercial success, and the business was purchased by Dillon, Read, and Company for a whopping $146 million in 1925 and sold to Chrysler in 1928. Very few 1925 Dodge motor cars ever arrive on the market today, and this opportunity should not be missed. Restored more than two decades ago, this 1994 AACA First Place winner has held up remarkably well. The body and paint are just starting to show age, while the nickel-plating throughout presents quite well. The motor compartment shows the most patina, yet all the components appear correct and presentable. This Model B can easily be enjoyed as-is or detailed back to show condition.