1957 Goggomobil T-250
Sold For $25,875Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
Manufacturer: Hans Glas GmbH
Origin: Dingolfing, Germany
Motor: 2-cyl, 2-stroke
Displacement: 247 cc
Power: 13.6 hp
Length: 9.5 ft.
Identification No. 0146583
Manufacturers of agricultural machines, Hans Glas and his son Andreas developed their microcar prototype with an Isetta-style front-opening door in the fall of 1954. The pre-production series of 50 cars had no rain gutters, and until September 1955, the fenders were screwed rather than welded together, and it had intake scoops on the rear.
Roll-up windows were introduced in October 1956. From September 1956, a 15 horsepower, 300-cubic centimeter motor was available in addition to the 14 horsepower, 250-cubic centimeter unit. The front deck had a "bonnet" pressed in, louvers on the rear fenders, and a grill on the trunk lid scoop. A hot, 20 horsepower, 400-cubic centimeter motor became available, but it was seen mostly on U. S.-specification cars. The doors were front-hinged from March 1964, this being the last major change for the sedan, which was called a limousine in Germany.
A respectful older restoration, this is an example of a late sliding-window car, with its plain finish being typical of "the car for the little man." It was restored in Germany and is finished in Robin’s Egg Blue, with a grey cloth interior and white steel wheels with whitewall tires, completing a highly attractive presentation.