1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
Sold For $82,500Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
- Offered from a private collection
- Single-family ownership for decades
- Excellent original condition; only 2,200 km from new
- Rosso Corsa over Nero interior
- 230-hp., 178.6-cu. in. DOHC V-8 engine and five-speed manual transmission
- Offered with tool roll and jack, as well as original books
Ferrari’s iconic 308 GT and open GTS were improved for 1983 with the new Quattrovalvole engine, with a 32-valve cylinder head with four valves per cylinder, as well as other detail changes, such as a small rear spoiler, additional louvers between the headlights, and power mirrors. The 308 GTS ‘QV’ offered here was sold new to Carl S. Guynes of Denton, Texas, passing only a year later to George Curry of Dallas, then into the current owner’s family collection, where it has remained now for decades. Recording only 2,200 km from new, it has recently been returned to running order and thoroughly detailed, and presents beautifully, with shining factory Rosso Corsa paint and “as-new” Nero upholstery, and is offered with both its tool roll and jack.