1963 Volkswagen "Shorty" Microbus Custom
Sold For $15,950Inclusive of applicable buyer's fee.
- Offered from a private collection
- An authentic 1980s International Show Car Association (ISCA) competitor
- Body and paintwork by the famed Bill Jelinek
- Candy Brandy Wine with Murano pearl and gold leaf accents
- Custom interior upholstered in 1976 Cadillac velour
- 1,835-cc Volkswagen flat four-cylinder engine and four-speed manual transmission
- Guaranteed to be the crowd favorite at any cruise night!
Built in the early 1980s by its longtime owner, “Oz Bus” was chopped four feet in the center and rebuilt with a molded fiberglass nose wrapped around a Corvette front air dam, fender flares, side air scoops, 1972 Corvette taillights, amber Hella halogen driving lights, “frenched” front power antenna, a louvered rear engine cover, front and rear chrome nerf bars, and a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am spoiler, molded into the roof. The interior is upholstered in 1976 Cadillac velour with 14-karat-gold leaf panels, lighted aircraft switches, 6-in. chrome steering wheel, and a Gene Berg billet shifter.
The bodywork and its elaborate paint, in Candy Brandy Wine with a gold base inlay, Murano pearl graphic accents, and a custom mural inspired by The Wizard of Oz, was performed by well-known custom roadster builder, Bill Jelinek.
The drivetrain of the bus is a 1972 Volkswagen engine, built up to 1,835 cc with a “big bore” kit, Volkstroker crank, “fly out” heads, and 12.5:1 compression, exhaling through custom functional side exhaust and mated to a 1966 Microbus transmission built by the Bug House of Chicago. Everything rolls on Cragar SS magnesium wheels with chrome knock-offs.
Shown for 30 years in International Show Car Association events and reportedly a multiple award-winner, “Oz Bus” is now offered from its home of over a decade, for a new owner to continue displaying and enjoying. It is a surefire head-turner!