- Offered from the Belle Meade Collection
- Older frame off restoration that has held up nicely
- Part of a private collection since 1982
- Powered by Ford’s legendary flathead V-8
In 1939, Ford’s Standard and DeLuxe station wagons were readily distinguishable from one another. The standard used 1938-style front fenders, and a grille based on the 1938 DeLuxe configuration, but with a more distinctive upper section and hood side panels. Other differences were mostly cosmetic. The basic price of the DeLuxe wagon was just $85 more than the Standard.
In concert with other 1939 Fords, they were the first to use hydraulic brakes and the last available only with floor shift. They had another distinction: the last to use Murray-built bodies. At the end of the model year, the assembly process was transferred to Ford’s timber operations in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This 1939 Ford Standard Station Wagon has been part of a private collection since 1982. An older frame off restoration, the station wagon is finished in dark maroon with lovely woodwork. It still presents nicely today, featuring dual sideview mirrors and artillery-style wheels with Ford “V8” hubcaps. The station wagon is powered by a flathead Ford V-8 backed by a floor-shift three-speed manual transmission. The interior features a radio and is equipped with three rows of bench seats in brown artificial leather with rubber floor mats protecting the floor. A covered full size spare is housed in the second row of seats.