- Auctions America rounds out its 2013 auction season in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, October 3-4
- Two-day Fall Carlisle sale, held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral, features a diverse roster of 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs
- Auction highlights include a desirable 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster, a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe, and a 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster
- Full event details and a frequently updated list of consignments are available online at auctionsamerica.com
AUBURN, Indiana (September 13, 2013) – Following its most successful Auburn Fall event to date, Auctions America will round out its 2013 auction season with its annual Fall Carlisle sale, October 3 – 4 at the Carlisle Expo Center in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral (October 2 – 6), and an autumn staple on the U.S. collector car calendar, the two-day sale will lift the gavel on approximately 300 classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, and customs.
“Our annual Fall Carlisle sale will wrap up what has been a fantastic year for Auctions America,” says Donnie Gould, president of Auctions America. “In keeping with our overall philosophy, the Fall Carlisle sale caters to a wide range of collectors and will surely cap off a highly successful summer at both our California and Auburn Fall events.”
Leading a diverse list of automobiles secured for the Fall Carlisle auction is a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/435 Roadster equipped with the desirable 427-cid, 435 hp V-8 engine, three two-barrel carburetors, and a four-speed manual transmission. Presented in Rally Red with a matching red interior, the Corvette also features a white hood “stinger”, rally wheels, side pipes, and power windows and brakes. Muscle car fans can also look forward to a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 RS Sport Coupe boasting an original engine certified by Camaro historian Jerry MacNeish and finished in Garnet Red over a red interior with the black stripe package. This example recently won the Gold Class at the Camaro Nationals. Demonstrating the diversity of the Fall Carlisle offering is a fully-restored 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster offered in the highly attractive color combination of black with a red interior.
Nothing makes a better match than fast cars and rock music. Auctions America is excited to offer a 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback formerly owned by Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Famer Alice Cooper without reserve at its Fall Carlisle event. Equipped with a 302-cid Ford block bored .030 over and a C4 automatic transmission with a B & M Megashifter kit, the Mustang also features chrome styled steel wheels, Flowmaster exhaust, a Lecarra steering wheel, and a custom MTX audio system, along with Alice Cooper’s autograph on the deck lid and key fob.
Additional notable entries for the sale include:
- a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/390 Coupe equipped with a 427-cid, 390 hp big-block V-8 engine, M21 four-speed manual transmission, and showing only 61,211 original miles. This Corvette is a Duntov Award winner, six-time NCRS Top Flight award winner and comes with full documentation dating back to its original owner;
- a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 Convertible finished in factory Daytona Yellow with a black interior and convertible top. Benefitting from a frame-off restoration, the Chevelle is powered by a 396-cid, 325 hp V-8 engine with an M21 four-speed transmission and shows only 57,000 actual miles;
- 1962 Ford Galaxie G-Code featuring the rare 406-cid, 405 hp V-8 engine with three two-barrel carburetors, and bucket seats;
- a 1930 Cord L-29 Custom finished in maroon with a white top and black interior and powered by the famous Lycoming straight-eight cylinder engine and a three-speed manual transmission. The Cord is believed to have been upgraded to roadster configuration in the 1950s;
- a 1929 Packard 626 Type A Limousine equipped with a straight eight-cylinder engine, a three-speed floor-shift manual transmission and featuring dual sidemounts with cloth covers, steel disc wheels and a luggage rack; and
- a 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Coupe benefitting from a frame-off restoration and featuring a four-speed transmission and twelve bolt rear end.
Auctions America Fall Carlisle – Event Details
Sale dates: October 3 – 4, 2013; auctions begins at 3pm ET
Preview dates: October 3 – 4, 2013; doors open at 9am ET
Location: Carlisle Expo Center, 100 K St., Carlisle, PA, 17013
Admission: A $10 day pass to the Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral also admits one person to the auction.
For those unable to attend the event in person, Internet, absentee, and telephone bidding options are available, and the auction will stream live at auctionsamerica.com to provide real-time coverage of the event.
A limited number of consignments opportunities remain for the Fall Carlisle sale. For further information, to view a frequently updated list of offerings or to discuss consignment opportunities, please contact an Auctions America specialist toll free at 877-906-2437 (or +1 260-927-9797 outside of North America) or visit auctionsamerica.com.