PRIVATE COLLECTION OF MORE THAN 140 CARS SET FOR PARIS, AMELIA ISLAND, FORT LAUDERDALE, AND ESSEN SALES
OFFERED LARGELY WITHOUT RESERVE
- RM Sotheby’s announces private collection of 140 cars to be offered across Paris, Amelia Island, Fort Lauderdale, and inaugural Essen sale in 2019
- Single-owner collection comprises modern classics and future collectibles from the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s – a “youngtimer” dream garage
LONDON (4 December 2018) – RM Sotheby’s has secured the dream garage for any enthusiast of modern classics, to be offered across the company’s Paris, Amelia Island, Fort Lauderdale, and Essen auctions in 2019. Totaling more than 140 cars, the single-owner private collection is offered largely without reserve and comprises some of the most collectible European and Japanese marques and models of the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, assembled by a collector who—much like so many others— admired these vehicles in his youth.
The collection runs the spectrum of European marques, including 34 cars from Mercedes-Benz, 27 cars from BMW, 12 cars from Rolls-Royce, 11 cars from Bentley, 8 cars from Porsche, 8 cars from Jaguar, 7 cars from Ferrari, 4 cars from Aston Martin, 2 cars from Renault, 2 cars from Morgan, and one Audi, Lotus, and Lamborghini example respectively. Japanese nostalgic cars are well-represented as well, with Nissan, Acura, Mazda, Toyota, and Mitsubishi models on offer. Additional automobiles in the collection come from such famed American marques as Cadillac and Chevrolet.
“From nearly every iteration of the BMW Alpina to the Mercedes-Benz 500 SEC AMG 6.0 Wide Body, Porsche 928 GTS, and the Renault R5 Turbo, the private collection we’ve added to our 2019 calendar has nearly every car youth of the 80s and 90s dreamed of,” says Gord Duff, Global Head of Auctions, RM Sotheby’s. “The 80s and 90s ‘youngtimers’ are back and here to stay in the world of car collecting, and we’re thrilled to offer this extensive collection on behalf of its enthusiastic owner. Truly a young man’s garage, the consignor is ready to distill his collection and share these exciting cars with other like-minded enthusiasts.”
Amongst the approximately 140 cars on offer, highlights set for each auction include:
Paris, France – 6 February 2019 (More than 20 Cars)
- A 1982 BMW Alpina B7 Turbo S, 58,000 km and leading a group of several Alpina models (Est. €200,000 - €240,000);
- A 1989 Mercedes-Benz 500 SEC AMG 6.0 Wide Body, 28,000 km, leading a group of additional Mercedes-Benz performance models of the late 80s and early 90s (Est. €150,000 - €200,000);
- A 2006 Ferrari Superamerica, one of just 43 equipped with a manual transmission (Est. €575,000 - €650,000);
- A 1994 BMW 850 CSi (Est.€140,000 - €180,000);
- A 1992 Porsche 928 GTS in desirable manual specification (Est. €70,000 - €85,000); and,
- Several late-model British luxury cars including an Aston Martin Vanquish S converted to a six-speed manual transmission, and Morgan Aero SuperSport.
Amelia Island, Florida – 9 March 2019 (More than 10 Cars)
- Several models from what is widely considered the height of Japanese performance manufacturing including an Acura NSX (9,200 miles), Toyota Supra (11,200 miles), and Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo (2,800 miles);
- A six-speed manual transmission-equipped 2004 Ferrari 575M Maranello (Est. $250,000 - $300,000); and,
- Additional examples of the best performance cars from both Europe and Japan in the late 80s and early 90s.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – 29-30 March 2019 (More than 20 Cars)
- Sought-after British luxury cars from the 1990s and 2000s, including models from Bentley, Aston Martin, and Jaguar; and,
- A group of Nissan 300 ZX examples, an appreciating future collectible.
Essen, Germany – 11 April 2019 (More than 80 Cars)
- A 2011 Porsche GT3 RS, less than 9,300 km (Est. €150,000 - €175,000);
- A 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6 (Est. €150,000 - €180,000);
- Nearly every imaginable BMW Alpina and M performance iteration;
- Desirable Mercedes-Benz AMG performance models from the late 1970s through the 1990s;
- Additional British luxury touring cars from Rolls-Royce and Bentley;
- A 1985 Renault R5 Turbo showing 29,000 km (Est. €80,000 - €90,000); and,
- A rare and unusual Wiesmann GT (€170,000 - €200,000).
For further information on the private collection as well as RM Sotheby’s upcoming Paris, Amelia Island, Fort Lauderdale, and Essen sales, please visit rmsothebys.com. Interested sellers and bidders are invited to call RM Sotheby’s London office at +44 (0) 20 7851 7070 or RM Sotheby’s Canadian headquarters at +1 519 352 4575 to speak with a car specialist.