265 bhp, 3,781 cc DOHC inline six-cylinder engine with triple SU carburettors, four-speed manual gearbox with Laycock de Normanville overdrive, independent front suspension with wishbones, coil springs, torsion bars and anti-roll bar, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes. Wheelbase: 102"
- A very nicely presented, top-specification 3.8-litre “S” model
- One of just 150 3.8 “S” FHCs built
- Comprehensively restored in 2002
The final development of the successful XK range, the XK150 debuted in 1957 and was updated with a one-piece curved windshield and a higher beltline, among other revisions. The XK150 was available in either standard or Special Equipment tune, and by late 1959, the 3.4- and 3.8-litre engines could be ordered either with twin SU HD8 carburettors or as triple-carburetted “S” versions. As performance increased, with top speeds approaching 140 mph, so too did the demands for more effective braking, and accordingly, the XK150 became the first series-production car to feature power-assisted four-wheel disc brakes. The XK150 was truly a glorious swan song for the series, and today it remains as capable, attractive and desirable as ever.
Finished in British Racing Green with green leather upholstery, this very nicely presented right-hand drive, 3.8-litre XK150 S Fixed-Head Coupé is one of just 150 built and benefits from a complete inside and outside refurbishment completed in 2002, which included new leather and trim, with much of the brightwork restored as well. During the restoration, the engine was removed, completely stripped and cleaned. It was rebuilt by XRN in Bracknell, Berkshire, who re-bored the cylinder block, reground the camshafts and added a new oil pump, timing chain and rear oil thrower.
The car retains its original matching-numbers cylinder block and has been converted to permit the use of unleaded fuel. Other improvements include the addition of an ‘Ignitor’ electronic ignition system, a larger-bore stainless-steel exhaust and a new clutch and gearbox. This exceedingly rare XK150 S is also complete with original registration documents, green and buff logbooks dating back to 1960 and an original Operating, Maintenance and Service Handbook.