The North American Motor Car Collection
$79,750 USD | Sold
| Auburn, Indiana
- Offered from The North American Motor Car Collection
- One of 50 examples produced with the optional Track Package; the only example provided in this color scheme
- Delivered new to Welch Ford Lincoln of Hardeeville, South Carolina
- Finished in distinctive Shadow Black with blue stripes over an Ebony interior
- Powered by a hand built, 526-horsepower, 5.2-liter V-8 engine paired with a six-speed manual transmission
To celebrate 50 years of modifying the Ford Mustang, Shelby released a special “50th Anniversary” range of GT350 variants. This extremely limited production run of commemorative chassis featured unique front bodywork composed of thinner aluminum, racier interior furnishings from Recaro, a serialized plaque, and additional brake cooling vents. The 2015 model year also introduced a new flat-plane crankshaft with revised cylinder geometry to the GT350’s hand built V-8 engine—good for 526 horsepower and plenty of wheelspin when paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
Just 137 50th anniversary examples were produced in total—100 GT 350s and 37 GT350 Rs. Of those 100 GT350s produced, just half were equipped with Shelby’s desirable Track Package, which provided a MagneRide damping system, aluminum strut-tower brace, and additional coolers for the engine, transmission, and differential.
Presented here wearing its Shadow Black with blue stripe livery, chassis 77 is the only 50th anniversary example with the Track Package in this color scheme. Delivered new to Welch Ford Lincoln of Hardeeville, South Carolina in late 2015—this practically new GT350 has traveled fewer than 56 miles by time of cataloguing.
The car’s accompanying window sticker notes that the optional Track Package, raised decklid spoiler, and top stripes were specified from the factory. As one of the most sought-after Shelby products of recent manufacture, this supremely unique, commemorative GT350 will only appreciate further, especially among discerning Shelby aficionados.