Do you live and breathe vintage cars like we do? Do you love nothing more than hitting the road to attend car events, visit collectors, and build your connections in the classic car community? Do you have the gift of being able to close a deal? And do you wake up every morning hungry for more? RM is looking for highly disciplined, self-motivated, experienced and resourceful individuals to join its world-class team of specialists. Based in its corporate headquarters in Canada, Culver City (California), or London (UK) office, this commission-based position is the ultimate immersion in the classic car hobby for the right individual.
To consign cars to our worldwide auction calendar and to represent RM Sotheby's at the most important classic car events, including trade exhibitions, race meetings, concours d'elegance, events and auctions. To work with the operations team to effectively market those cars.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Proven track record in sales; a strong book of personal relationships and contacts an international level
- A proven passion for and knowledge of classic cars; knowledge of the market and market values
- Four year college degree preferred; relevant auction industry knowledge would be a considerable advantage
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout your job area
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Very effective inter-personal and communication skills; excellent at negotiation and sales closing
- RA team player, a self-starter, with the ability to self-teach
- Resourceful and creative; a highly organized multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail
- Constantly up for a challenge
- Must be discreet and act in a confidential manner at all times
- Bilingual in at least one language besides English (German or French preferred)
If this describes you, we look forward to further discussing this mutually beneficial opportunity.