Interested in becoming a car specialist? Please click here.
RM Sotheby's offers challenging careers to individuals ready to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented environment. Professionalism, enthusiasm for vintage automobiles, and the flexibility to work as part of an international team are qualities that top our list of requirements. Resumes and inquiries are welcome. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or via postal mail to:
One Classic Car Drive
Blenheim, ON N0P 1A0.
As the Creative Director, you know how to thoughtfully communicate the RM Sotheby's brand. You envision creative out-Fun, Authentic, Passionate - and know how to make ideas come to life. You are part of a luxury brand and are committed to sharing its core values with our clients.
The Creative Director at RM Sotheby's will be an essential figure to the company's ability to ideate and create exciting new brand experiences while working collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Creative team. It doesn't take much for them to think of creative, exciting ways to help bring the RM Sotheby's vision come to life. They think of new advertising campaigns, promotional strategies and experiential initiatives and lead their ideas through to execution. They are decisive and capable of delivering inventive solutions to the brand's needs. With an incredibly fine eye for design and a focus on creative and elegant work, they take initiative to get involved in all areas of the business, producing content with a consistent, reliable look and feel. They recognize that the fast-paced auction environment is a high-pressure environment, but this is something they thrive on.
The Creative Director at RM Sotheby's has experience in brand building, but are generally interested in the diverse number of tasks that they get to have a hand in as part of a continuously growing company. Developing and managing relationships with the other departments comes easy to them because they are adaptable, easy to get along with and a strong communicator. They work well within the team and have no trouble getting work done on their own, as well as liaising with both external and internal partners. The Creative Director drives ideas and breathes passion.
Main Duties and Associated Tasks
- Develop ideas and design concepts that advance our brand strategy
- Lead creative work to build on our auctions from start to finish
- Develop and direct on new concepts, and brings ideas to life
- Liaise with the creative team, ensuring creative consistency
- Prepare project briefs for project executions
- Work in a cohesive manner with the Director of Marketing, Creative and Production teams
- Manage executions including timelines, and key deliverables
- Lead the ideation and execution of multi-auction brand building
- Create content for print and digital outlets
- Lead the design of graphic material for use in marketing programs
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Graphic design acumen and knowledge of applicable programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- An extensive background with experience in a creative leadership role who has strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals-interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, print advertising, and the creative process-as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Proven leadership skills. We need someone who is confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change-we need someone who can roll with it.
- Experience conceiving brand building exercises and taking the lead to make them come alive
Business Development Assistant
Works to maintain, develop and grow the network of RM Sotheby’s clientele and to provide a positive experience for RM Sotheby’s customers.
- Data entry/administration which will include tracking/updating collector participation in events via entrant programs and route books, tracking car owners, and identifying and researching potential sales lead opportunities;
- Identifying opportunities for regional business development and tracking major players in the market place;
- Keeping abreast of the North American car world event landscape and new opportunities for RM’s involvement;
- Maintaining internal event calendar for development, marketing and PR purposes;
- A strong familiarity with RM Sotheby’s client system;
- Logging budget forecast for the sales department travel and expenses;
- Quarterly reporting to specialists on managed clients;
- Provide ad hoc project as needed; and
- Provide office administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical and results-driven with a strong affinity for research-related projects;
- Must be able to independently manage numerous projects simultaneously;
- A self-starter and pro-active learner is a major plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills and polished phone etiquette is mandatory; and
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a major plus; proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to:
Attention: Stephanie Jacklin
The deadline to apply for this position is March 7th, 2017.